Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What A Hoot!

I saw these little cuties in my blog travels one day, and just knew I had to try making some too!  Here's one...


...and here's the other!  Don't you love the little pigtails?! 


Both were really quick, easy, and lots of fun to make, with just small amounts of yarn, some fiberfill, and a couple of good-sized wiggle eyes.  You can find a quick how-to HERE, at Luna's place, My Crochet-Mis Tejidos.


One will sit on my desk, and the other will be shipped directly to one of my very best friends, who LOVES to collect owls.  I know this will be a really nice surprise for her, when it gets there!..   Well, that's if she's not reading this post of course!  (I've also got a package on it's way to my good friend Doris, over at Crocheting in Georgia!  We were swap partners for an exchange of flower seeds!  She should get that real soon!)

Another small project I worked on one night was a couple of fabric flowers!  I could see where these might be almost addicting to make.  They really are so easy to put together!..   But my one frustration was not having a strong enough thread...  I've got to get more, and in at least another color or two...   I like how this one looks on my mini album, based on  The Wizard of Oz...  (which I HOPE to show sometime soon!  I'm going to try to better understand my camera, probably over the weekend.)


Love the shade of green I had for this flower.. So pretty!..   If you'd like to see how to make these flowers, HERE'S where a young man will teach you how it's done..   If I'm not mistaken, I believe he's only about 15 years old, but he's a definitely a rising star in the field of scrapbooking!!  You can find his blog HERE.
    
Now, can you guess which album this next flower will be for?


Oh, yes!...  Very soon, I will be starting my next mini-scrapbook movie album, based on the Twilight saga, and I can't wait!   I'm having so much fun with these, that down the road I have plans for making more albums based on Gone With The Wind, and Harry Potter too!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

21 comments:

Debi Y. said...

Oh wow - they are just the cutest. Thanks for the link. :)

Just-in said...

Oh, the owls are truly adorable! And the flower is very pretty, to :)

Ann said...

The owls are precious. And the pigtales so adorable.
Ann

Chatty Crone said...

Love the owls and their big eyes - sandie

sjmcdowell said...

Hello my friend,

Tthank you so much for your words of comfort upon the loss of my kitty Sam. I still miss him so very much. I still think I see him sometimes.

Toni...did you get the little package I sent to you and your son yet...I don't want to bother you I just hope it got to you safe and sound!

Love,

Susan

Kel said...

Omgoshness.. these are too cute. I wish I was good with yarn.. but I'm afraid to even touch it.. I may hurt myself.. LOL. I love owls.. and I just love those. I'm very very excited to see you are going to be work on Twilight mini. When your done.. I hope you'll scrap it forward on over to craftytwilightmom.blogspot.com for all the twilight lovers to see!!

sjmcdowell said...

Hi Tina,

So glad your son likes the cocoons..I thought he would!! I am sure you will do something really special with the accordian book kit. You make such wonderful little books!!

Yes it is difficult for me and I miss Sam so much but I am just putting one foot in front of the other and my faith in God is keeping me at peace.

Tina, try looking through Etsy or the internet..just type in the word "Steampunk or "Steampunk ATc's" and you will find some ideas there.
Your first ATC was awesome so don't worry!!;)

Hugs,

Susan

DaCraftyLady said...

those are too adorable I love th epink one an dlove the pig tails... :) Great idea.. Debb

Luna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh My Gosh.....they came out so gorgeous....love them too.Thanks for linking my blog.I love them .Gosh......I 'm so happy you made them.

Xo,Xo,Xo,

Luna

crochetwithtamara said...

Oh my gosh Tina! Those are the cutest owls I do believe I've seen. I have loved owls since the 70's when I made a hooked rug that had a design of an owl in it. I wished I still had it now, but I think I sold it in a garage sale, boo hoo!
Love everything that you do and you are such an inspiration to me.

Hugs,
Tamara

Linda in New Mexico said...

love the cutie patootie owls, adore the Oz album and the flowers are a wonderful thing to check out for a couple of projects I have in mind. I can hardly wait to see more and more. Thanks, The Olde Bagg, Linda

Paula said...

I just HAVE to make these for the nieces!

Caroline said...

Hi there, those owls are sooo stinkin' cute! Thanks for sharing the blog too. can't wait to see the other ablums.

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Hi Tina,

I love, love owls! And these are so adorable. ♥ Hope you are having a good week.

Hugs,
Stephanie ♥

Janis said...

I love love love these owls! It was so good to hear from you today. Email me anytime at northrose@slowar.com. I wanted a Cricut for about 2 years before I could afford one, and I bought it at HSN on the payment plan. Best $$ I ever spent. Not that I'm enabling you or anything. LOL Yes, Charmed & Dangerous is really good. There's bad language in it (not much - and it would be just as good without it), and it's about a witch, so if either one of those things offends you, don't read it. I'll probably finish it tonight. Never heard of Three Cups of Tea... I'll have to look that up. I have a book group on FB where everyone says what they are reading, asks for suggestions, etc. That's fun. Feel free to join it or I'll add you if you want. Have a fun day! :) Janis

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Hi Tina....it's definately OK to add another addiction to your already growing YarnARama. So go ahead and Scrapbook away...I want you to, so I won't be the only one with Yarn and Paper Stashes and now look at you with Fabric, too! We are soooo in trouble!!!! Love your Owls....I've been on a Crochet Bag Binge lately and wouldn't this owl pattern be a cute bag! Cute flowers, too!

Kerrie said...

I adore the owls, made me smile! Hugs

Shelia said...

Oh, those little owls are the cutest things! I should try to make some for my little granddaughter.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Tracy said...

Your owls are so adorable. Tooooo cute.
I really love your flowers, so fun. I can see them being addicting :)

About the tape you were asking about, Yah its a bit pricey. I got it from Home Depot. You could use tin foil (baking foil) and adhere it to cardstock and run it through your embossing folders. Hope this helps :)

Doris Sturm said...

Those owls are cute, Tina! What do you use them for or are they just for decoration?

I received your lovely package yesterday - thank you so much - you sent me too much! I love everything, the tag and the booklet, so cute and I'm going to crochet a nice topper for that lovely kitchen towel...you really outdid yourself! I could tell how much thought you put into sending me this, especially since I love bees and you put that cute, wooden bee on the back...it's so sweet of you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

If I get the chance, I'll blog about it, but it's bad weather with electrical storms, dark and gloomy, so I try to stay off the computer...

With thanks and Love,
Doris

Ghost said...

Those owls are adorable.