Saturday, March 19, 2011

Celebrate Oz

Today Linda, at Olde Baggs 'n Stuft Shirts, is hosting her Celebrate Oz event; and with a great love for movies, and this one being one of my favorites,  I couldn't resist joining in on the fun!


Timing was quite a coincidence too, I thought, because just around the time I'd first heard of this event, I had just purchased some Wizard of Oz scrapbooking papers to start a Wizard of Oz scrapbook-mini-album!

Well, hard as I tried, I'm afraid I couldn't finish my album on time, to show in its entirety, but I'll at least share a quick peek.  The cover, so far, is made from the cover/sleeve of the 70th Anniversary DVD set I got for Christmas.  I want to embellish it more eventually, with some flowers, glitters, or whatever...  but I am so tickled with how the whole scrapbook is really coming together now!!! 


As you could tell in my previous posts, showing the TP Roll Mini Albums I've done, takes a great deal of time and patience as I load every picture up for one post!...  So I'm presently thinking I may either do a video or slideshow of some sort to show this album.  You can better understand, perhaps, when I compare how a TP Roll mini album has FOUR pages, while my Wizard of Oz mini-album is composed of SIXTEEN pages, and at least that many tags to boot!

I am still in the process of embellishing it.  It is made from business-sized envelopes.  The whole album measures approximately 5" x 7" in size, with a thickness, I joke...


...comparable to that of a Scooby Sandwich!!!

Just last night, I was working on a little something for my "Dorothy page", and I still have to check, this morning, how dry/set they are!  


They are a pair of Barbie shoes, which I've glittered in red sparkles to look like Dorothy's ruby slippers!!  I will be using them as charms for this page of the album!  Aren't they CUTE?!!

Well, while I'm still figuring out what way is best to post everything, when it's done, I thought I'd include another little Wizard of Oz somethin-somethin for the occasion...  Honestly, I can't remember if I've posted these before, but if so, here they are again!  

They are a set of wooden nutcrackers that each stand at about 14" tall, and I keep them atop my kids' shelves of children's storybooks!  


They were a Christmas present to me one year, from my brother and sister-in-law, and I just think they are so sweet!

So, my friends, here you have it...  Two posts in only a few days!!!  I haven't done that in, who knows?..  how long?!!  A big thank you to Linda for hosting this event!  Be sure to visit her and all the others participating!

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, and I'm always happy to hear your comments!  "Come out, come out, wherever you are" to leave one if you can!!..   Thanks for stopping by!



22 comments:

Shana said...

Ooh I love the Wizard of Oz. So cute. I can't wait to see the album in it's entirety though.

Linda in New Mexico said...

Beansie, I love your posting. The album is great and I do know what you mean about taking so much time. My husband has said they put a special drug on the scrapbook paper that makes time get away from the "scrapper". Oh so true. I love the nutcrackers, they are too wonderful.
Thank you for being a part of Celebrate Oz. More importantly thank you for taking a chance on a first year blog party and being a big part of making it a success. You and the other participants joined with me in clicking our heels to make this Celebrate Oz come to be and I am so very grateful. XOXO The Olde Bagg, Linda

Doris Sturm said...

I always enjoy visiting with you, Tina, even though I've missed a few posts having been spending a lot of time outside walking and gardening.

I love those itty bitty red shoes you made from Barbie shoes...what an adorable idea! What will you do with them? They are so cute and your nutcracker collection is impressive too - I didn't even know they made nutcrackers like that.

I remember years ago (before DVDs and yes, even VHS tapes) I always watched the Wizard of Oz movie on TV once a year and the anticipation is half the fun, isn't it?

I'm a collector of Fairy Tales (and Fables) mostly from Germany and Europe and was so happy to find an American Fairy Tale to add to my collection - I must buy the series of books so I can read outside in the shade of my Bradford pear out back with Gizzy by my side - doesn't' that just sound like the life of Riley?

Happy Oz Day, Tina, and I enjoyed your post! Hugs to your UBU doggy :-)

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

The Album is so ingenious , what a wonderful idea! I want to see it when you're finished, too. The little Ruby Slippers are cool,and I love the WOZ nutcrackers!
Blessings,
~Myrna

Magaly Guerrero said...

I love the shoes and the figurines are amazing. I'm having so much fun reading everybody's interpretation of Oz, isn't it magical?

M. Estes Zywar said...

Hi Tina
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
I just adore the Barbie ruby
slippers!!!!
Also your album is going to fantastic!
Hugs
Mary Limelightartworks.blogspot.com

Mina said...

Your scrapbook is gorgeous! I also love all of your other Oz goodies. So lovely.

So Dark So Cute said...

I love your nutcrackers!

Claudia said...

Wonderful! I love what you did to the Barbie shoes - they make perfect ruby slippers!

xo
Claudia

pinkglitterfae said...

your album is so cool! I understand what you mean about running out of time, I started my painting for the Oz event last night, lol!
your glitter shoes are wicked! and I want those nutcrackers, lol! what a great gift you got, I've never seen anything like that
xoxo

Boom said...

Love those ruby slippers!! Your book is going to be so awesome. Isn't OZ the most fun?

Sharon said...

Love your scrapbooking album. You really have to have a creative mind to come up with the Barbie shoes as ruby slippers. Nice....

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Tina Sweetie...
Oh what a beautiful share. I love your Wizard of Oz album. I can't wait to see each and every page as a share. I love creating, and once we get on a roll, it is hard to stop sometimes even to share, less we forget one image we had in our mind.

I love your little shoes, that is SO clever, and I just know they are going to be darling on the page they are meant to adorn. Your cover is just breathtaking. Love, LOVE it.

I also think those nutcrackers are the cutest things I have ever seen. I saw a set a few Christmases ago and purchased them for our oldest son, who has always loved The Wizard of OZ.

I too, remember the anticipation of it coming on TV, and us waiting and waiting for the night of the magic. We had not VCR or DVD's. In fact black and white for the longest time.

Thank you for the memories sweet friend. I have so enjoyed my visit this evening.

Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

G'day Tina!! I just read your comment you left for me about Les Misérable ... I think you're talking about Colm Wilkinson from the 'original' muscial. Yes indeed, I've seen them both now, and I must admit I loved Alfie's version of Bring Him Home better. But each is just as good if you know what I mean.

Now, on to The Wizard of OZ!...I sketched a caricature of the 'cast' of the movie, I love it so, and I must say that my daughter, who is a fanatic of the movie, would DIE for those nutcrackers!!

wonderful post.

Here is a link to my pencil sketch if you're interested in viewing...

http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/2010/08/were-re-re-re-off-to-see-wizard.html

Quilts Sew Shabby said...

Love the teeny shoes and the nutcrackers, but especially adore the Scrapbook! Can't wait to see it completed! Thanks for sharing!

Deborah said...

I woud love to see this when you are all done...so cute...I have become a follower so I won't miss it!
Please come and visit my Oz Party also...I have 3 giveaways

Kel said...

cannot WAIT to see the finished product.. this looks like it's coming along great!!!

MJ said...

OMG I just love those ruby slippers!!! I might have to steal that idea for myself if you dont mind. The album is wonderful also, scooby sandwich indeed ;)

Tess said...

Oh my, what a lovely tribute to this wonderful movie your book will be. And those nutcrackers? Fabulous!!

Annesphamily said...

Love those red Barbie/Dorothy shoes! So pretty. You are always up to something fun at this blog! Have a terrific week! Anne

Clara said...

Trying to get caught up with everyone...I loved the Wizard of Oz as did most of us I am sure. Those ruby slippers are an instant reminder.

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

I can't wait to see your album when you finish, your tp roll album was fantastic! and how clever of you to glitter those little Barbie shoes, I'm sure it's going to be one awesome album. I'm still working on my Alice in Wonderland album, hope to finish it soon.