Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ye Shall Find the Babe

And an angel of the Lord 
appeared to the shepherds out in the field...

...Fear not; for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people;  for unto you is born this day, in the city of David, a savior, who is Christ the Lord.  And this will be a sign unto you.  Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger."
(Luke 2:10-12)


Today, Lynn, at Happier Than a Pig In Mud, is hosting "The Reason for the Season" Party, so that participants can share their nativity scenes, and various holiday decorations that may also depict The Holy Family.  I had three nativity scenes/sets, but sadly lost one, which my daughter gave me when she was only very little still, in "the big bad move".  Chin up, however, here are the two I thankfully still have.

This first set was given to me by my BFF, Marilyn!  It measures about 14" high by 20" across.  Being of a different faith, not celebrating Christmas in the way that I do, she still knew how much I would love this beautiful nativity set.   


I LOVE it, but Dear Daughter laughs at me, for one minor adjustment I made to it.  She refers to such action as if it was a sickness, so allow me to explain...  I can not STAND "empty spots".  If something is empty, it simply is just not RIGHT, and I must fix it as soon as I possibly can!..  Well, you can see the height of the barn... I simply felt that maybe a heavenly light, or angel, or star of some kind should be above them;  and there certainly seemed to be enough room for it!  So I found a sparkling glittery star to hang above them.


I later showed Dear Daughter, who exclaimed, "Gee Mom!  You can't even tolerate an EMPTY SPOT in THE MANGER?!!!"...   (gasp!)  What?!...  Surprised to hear this reaction, I couldn't help wondering "My gosh, is she right?!"...   Well, whatever the case, I think the star looks nice!  Do you?

My next nativity set is one my parents gave me one year.  There is no name, that I can find, attached to this set.  I only know that I love their sweet little faces!


I think they just very much remind me of the beautiful set of hummels my grandmother used to collect and display in her home.  The size of this nativity measures approximately 7" wide by 14" wide...  You'll notice, I seem to have found no reason, though I'm not sure why,  to remodel this particular set!  Unlike my first set, this one did come with an angel, whom I placed in the center, close to the head of Baby Jesus. 

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men..."
(Luke2:13) 

Now, if you'd like to see a really cute crochet nativity set, you can check one out right HERE!  You can even get the free patterns to make your own set!  I know I'm thinking about it! 

Well, I went to that Christmas party that I mentioned, last night, and had a very nice time!.. good food, and live entertainment after our potluck dinner!...  It turned out that two other women ALSO made deviled eggs!  Oopsie!!...  So we had a good many of them left over!  I sent several people home with some. Dear Son was glad that I could still bring some back for him too!  By the end of the night, everyone at the party went home with a goody bag as well!


Inside was some candy, a pretty little notebook, and a calendar!  I've already hung the little glass ornament on my tree!

In a previous post, I mentioned that it was my birthday this past weekend, and I want to show you this cute little Christmas pin, that was given to me with one of my gifts!...


It's made with a pack of gum!!!  Isn't that a cute idea?!!  (Thank you Sue!)  Sorry the pic is a little blurry, as I'm still learning how to use my new camera, and took this on-the-fly; but I wanted to share this, in case anyone still needs some quick and easy, party-favor-type of ideas for Christmas!)

Just recently June, from over at Shespinswool, sent me a couple of beautiful ornaments for my tree, along with this sweet little lamb, since I did not have a sheep to hug for "Hug A Sheep Day"!  Here you see "Ewey" now sitting with my little bear "Breezy"!


I just KNEW they'd be good friends!  They are positively inseparable! Thank you June!!  I've since found a more proper spot for them to be comfortably, but proudly displayed; and I still hug them both, whenever I can!

Well...  Big hugs to all who could stop by today!!  
I hope you enjoyed your visit!

And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, as it had been told them.
(Luke 2:20)
Spread some Christmas cheer, for all to hear, 
as you remember "the reason for the season"!


0 comments: