Monday, December 13, 2010

It's A Yum-Yummy World

We just recently celebrated my birthday, and while my cake may somewhat resemble the Leaning Tower of Pisa, it was a yum-yummy world for ME!!


Now, you all know I love to bake... And a basic one-layer or 2-layer cake is nothing new to me, but this was the first 4-layer cake I've ever attempted. Drizzling the chocolate over the top got a little messy, but all in all, I was quite pleased with the results!...   Dancing around my kitchen, "I am great!", I sang!..  "I made me chocolate cake!!"

Wait a minute...  Have you never heard the chocolate cake story, as told by Bill Cosby?!  Oh, if you haven't, then you HAVE to see THIS!  I am in tears, laughing, whenever I hear AND see him tell this story!



You can find the recipe for this Chocolate Coconut Cake, otherwise known as a Candy Bar Cake, HERE.  Staring closer and closer to the big 5-0, this cake looked VERY appealing to me!  

Oooooh yes...  ALL 4 LAYERS OF IT!!!  
Better take this picture quick, because 
"It's a sugar date", and I can't wait!

I know I didn't do much to decorate it at all; but having now tasted it, I like it BEST when I take a slice, warm it up in the microwave for 30 seconds...  and oh, I'm in HEAVEN!!!  I would definitely make this cake again sometime, if even in just a 2-layer version; but no doubt about it, the recipe is a keeper!!  Oh, and with vanilla ice cream?...  I haven't even tried that yet!  I may just have to run to the store to pick up a quart!

Anyways, Dear Daughter and her boyfriend took Dear Son and I out for dinner, to celebrate my 40.. (ahem)-something birthday!..  It was a very nice night out, and the food was delicious!  We got back to my house, had cake, and afterwards, I opened presents!  The first one I opened was this!!!


...A new camera!!  Oh my gosh,  my pictures look SO MUCH BETTER!!  Color, Clarity...  NO EDITING!  I am SO excited!  I also got  two new movie DVDs...  "A Christmas Story", and "Benny and Joon"!

Saturday was a busy day...  

...a little grocery shopping, some house cleaning, and laundry. I finished a little more decorating, but nothing too exciting to report other than that.  

Sunday, my sister and her boyfriend stopped over, for a visit and some cake!  We don't see each other often, so that was nice!...  After they left, I watched some football with Dear Son, and worked on the Christmas throw pillow I was making for my couch.  I finished it last night, while watching the Eagles vs. the Cowboys game...  a much more exciting game, I thought, than the Dolphins vs. the Jets game I watched just before that!


Based on the flat circle pattern, and multi-striped style you often see at Attic 24, I decided to add a 2" ruffle, made in a row of double crochet, then a row of triple crochet.  The whole pillow measures about 16" across.  I'm very happy with how it came out!...   (Sigh)...  Now where's my lint roller?  The cat seems to like it too!!  

We thought maybe we would be getting some snow over the weekend, but that never happened.  Linus sure looks cute with his little shovel, but there's no need for one here yet.


It's been raining non-stop, and it's still raining as I look out my window this morning.  I admit I like a white Christmas, but it's not as if I just LOVE shoveling!...  So I guess I'll knock on wood for now!

I'm going to a Christmas party tonight, and I'll be bringing the deviled eggs;  so I'd better go, and get busy making those pretty soon!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and don't forget to take a piece of cake with you!



0 comments: