Friday, August 20, 2010

Froget Me Not


Cute title?..  What do ya think?!  I thought maybe it was at least a little clever, considering I haven't posted in a while, and then what I've put together over the past several days or so! On and off, I've been working my little crochet hook, along with all my green scrap yarns, and a cute little pattern for "Happy Frogs", that I found over at a blog called mindnsoul!  It started with one frog, of course...  And then I thought it was so cute, and worked up so quickly, that it would be fun to start another...   then another... and next thing you know, I had seven little frogs!

It was funny, as I crocheted them, one song kept crossing my mind.  It was a song I remember from a Burl Ives record album, when I was just a kid...   and some of the words went...

"There's a little green frog swimmin' in the water..
a little green frog, doin' what he oughter.
He jumped right off of the lily pad.
The little duck bit, and he said "I'm glad
I'm a little green frog, swimmin' in the water...
Ribbit!  Ribbit!  Ribbit!"

Well, I had so much fun picking out colors and ribbons and flowers for their little dresses too...  And well, one froggy song got me thinking of another froggy song, and next thing ya know...   


Here they all are, just sittin' pretty, having heard word that a Mr. Froggy is lookin' to go a courtin'...   just hopin' that he'll come hoppin' over to their lily pads with candy, flowers, and sweet talk!!  But these poor little gals better not hold their breath.  From what I heard, Mr. Froggy's been knockin' on Miss Mouse's door instead!..   Oh well, don't worry girls.  There are plenty more frogs in the pond where he came from!

Actually, one of my little frogs is on her way to a dear little girl I know, who fell off her bike recently.  She hit the pavement pretty hard, which resulted in emergency dental work, and I heard she was hurting pretty bad.  So I'm hoping one of my little frogs will cheer her up some...  Another one of these little ladies will be sitting on Dear Daughter's desk at school, when she starts another year of teaching; while I think one may be mailed to a dear friend I haven't heard from in some time, so off they'll go, hop, hop, hop to their new homes...  Then I plan on putting a few away for Christmas gifts...

But, hmmm...  That still leaves one last cute little frog!  Whatever shall I do with her?  Well, while I've been gone, hoping you all haven't forgotten about me, I came to find I reached the 200 follower mark!  So I think I'd like to give away one of my little frogs (and maybe a few other little goodies), in honor of the occasion!  If you think you'd like to win one, just leave a comment for THIS post, and I'll throw your name into the drawing!  The winner will be announced this coming Tuesday, August 24th.

So, other than that, I've been keeping busy, as usual!  I finished the book "Eat Pray Love", by Elizabeth Gilbert!  If you read it too, please tell me what you thought...  I LOVED it!  Chapter 60 made me cry, while I thought one of the funniest excerpts was in Chapter 68...

"...but I know my thought patterns so well now that they don't bother me anymore.  My thoughts have become like old neighbors, kind of bothersome but ultimately rather endearing ---  Mr. and Mrs. Yakkity-Yak and their three dumb children, Blah, Blah, and Blah.  But they don't agitate my home.  There's room for all of us in this neighborhood."

Then I saw the movie with Dear Daughter recently!  I loved that too!  Raise your hand if you'd like to book a plane trip, a bunch of us, so that we can ALL pig out in Italy...  find peace (and shop, ha! ha!) in India...  and then go to Bali to each find our OWN Felipe!!  Sound good to you?!..  Sounds good to me!


Then today, Dear Son and I went to see the movie "Toy Story 3"!  I loved that one too!  I thought it was very well done, and I cried at the end, of course!..  But I got the biggest kick out of all the laughs and giggles I heard throughout the theater, from all the little kids watching the movie!  It wasn't difficult to tell how big a hit this movie was to them!!


Well, I hope this finds everyone in such good spirits today!  May all your hearts be young with laughter and giggles!...   And don't "froget" to leave a comment!


 

0 comments: