Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Just Want to READ!

Having brought Dear Son to school this morning, I came home to get a few household chores done and out of the way.  Could I sit down yet for some leisurely reading, I wondered?...  Nope.  I knew I wanted to get one of my crochet projects finished first.


This is the third beanbag kitty I've made, from the pattern I got from the Crochet Soiree May Crochet-Along!  I am keeping one, and putting the other two away in the Christmas Box, as gifts done ahead!  I am getting better at these dryer sheet roses!  Just look at this one!  I got the idea from HERE, initially.  But having first folded my sheet accordion-style, like Lori did, I then felt even better at folding and rolling my rose by watching THIS video!

I plan on another project using these roses soon, and I'm having fun dying different shades of pink dryer sheets in the meantime!  Dear Daughter is helping by saving all her dryer sheets for me!

While I was finishing up with my little kitty, I decided to visit a few blogs...   maybe visit a few Thursday Tablescapes!   I came across Sandi's blog, Small Town Living At Its Best.  There, I saw she had a set of dishes just like mine!  However, she had mentioned that the dishes were now marked down, and I did not have all the dishes I wanted for my set yet!  Honestly, having bought the first dishes a while back, I pretty much forgot about the rest of the set!  So far, I had the dinner plates and the bowls, but I still did not have the dessert plates.  (Oh the horror!)...  Well, no time to lounge around and read yet!  I left Sandi a quick comment, and away like a flash, I was running to the store to see if I could find my dishes before they were gone!


My lucky stars must have been shining on me!  I had to hunt them down a little, but I found them on a bottom shelf, marked fifty percent off!


I got the last 8 dessert plates,  the exact number I still needed for my set, for 50 cents a piece!..  So, thank you Sandi!  If I hadn't seen your Tablescape Thursday post today, somebody else would have probably bought MY dishes!!  Well, it of course took some time, washing price stickers off all these dishes.  I LOVE new dishes, but I hate picking off clearance stickers and price tags!  Thank goodness for Goo Gone!...  Having finally finished that task, I'm glad I still have a decent set of all 10 fingernails!  I may have to repolish them tonight, but not a one was broke or chipped!  Woo-Hoo!  So....  Can I read my book yet?  I REALLY want to sit down and READ THIS BOOK!... Nope.  Time to make dinner!


Oh, but after dinner was done, I thought...  "Gee it's been a little while since I've posted anything on my blog!" So here I am, and glad to catch up a bit;  but can I sit down and read my book yet?   Nope.  I have to take the dog out!


O.K... That's done.  NOW I can sit down, kick my feet up, on this warm and muggy evening, turn my fan on, pour myself a glass of wine, paint my nails, and...


Yes, NOW I can read my book!  I just finished the 2nd book of the Twilight series, New Moon.  At first I didn't like it too much, but then I got somewhere around chapter 4 or 5, and I LOVED it!  I couldn't put the book DOWN!  I can't wait to start this third one, Eclipse!  I have just GOT to know what happens next!!  Edward or Jacob?.. Jacob or Edward?!.. I'm as torn as Bella about it! I love them both too!  I'll be so busy reading, I don't know when I'll be back to post again!  Ha! Ha!  Just kidding!...  Dear Daughter is bringing the second movie over this weekend, so I can't wait to see it!  The movie for Eclipse is scheduled to be in theatres on June 30th; and I just don't know if I can wait for the DVD for this one!

Hope everybody is keeping cool, as the summer temperatures are on the rise!  I know I'm just waiting for one cool day, when I can fire up the oven, and at least bake a batch of homemade cookies!  Some homemade chocolate chips sound so good, and there's a new recipe I'd like to try out.  If I can try baking those, maybe I'll serve them with tea on Tuesday!...    Oh yes, before I forget, one more thing!!


How would you like to be a sister in the Bloggerette Sorority?!  Have you heard about it yet?  Just click HERE, to find out how!

~Beansie~ 

29 comments:

myletterstoemily said...

no matter what book snobs say, those
twilight stories are great fun. i became
completely hooked when my girls were
reading them.

enjoy!

Barbara said...

Wow Beansie I'm so glad that you liked making that Kitty! I think it will make a wonderful gift for a very lucky person! The dryer sheet roses are awesome! You gave me an idea! Sooo glad that you blogged today. Thanks

Hugs XX
Barbara

Collected Treasures...for the home, heart & soul said...

Whew, girl, you had a lot to say...all good though......and now I'm wanting a chocolate chip cookie.....darn!
xojana

Doris Sturm said...

Hello dear Tina :-)

I have to follow you in putting away gifts for Christmas. It's going to be here before we know it. How's Ubu doing these days? Haven't seen a photo of him lately (hint!)

I've orderd the second Movie of the Twilight Saga from Netflix and it should be here by tomorrow or Saturday (I hope!)...I've not read the books, but they do sound entertaining.

I was contemplating buying something at the store to bake with and then I quickly changed my mind - I don't bake in the heat - I barely cook...I'll stick with fruit and yogurt and salads, way easier! But I do love to bake in the winter - it smells so nice and homey!

That Sister Sorority sounds fun, but too complicated for me. How in the world would I fit myself amongst those pretty five ladies? I'd ruin the whole picture - I don't take good photos- there's too much of me and I'm too old - no, I want to spare everyone from that image - besides I don't have a photo editing system...but it's a good idea because I often talk of my blogging friends and refer to you guys as my extended family and how greatful I am to know you.

So sad about Rue - she was such a pretty and cheerful lady - she will be missed!

Have a nice evening and happy reading :-)
Doris

Nancy M. said...

I have those same dishes! I love anything with chickens on them!

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

I began watching the video to make the roses and then, from the tab of your blog I just began reading your entry and got sidetracked from the video. Will go and replay it again after I leave the comment here. My daughter loves the Twilight series too. I'm reading a great novel on Leonardo DaVinci's mother...very good so far and wish I could find more time to read it during the day as you. Love your dishes!!! 50 cents a piece? Remarkable.

Okay, now back to the video. Oh ya, and I want to check out the Sorority too.

bj said...

How cute this post is...You finally got to read your book!!
Love your 50 cent dishes...so cute!
Now, gotta go check out this sorority..:)
xo bj

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Oh a cabbage patch doll with a flair of "Chucky"?!!! This I'd love to see. If you ever post about it, please let me know.

Faith said...

Remember back way back in the day when we used to make carnations out of tissue paper? Folding back and forth back and forth..they would make gillions of them for wedding cars...and such.ahhh....ahem anyway...the little dress pattern..so eaay peasy you could do it in a couple of hours w/no distractions...but there in lies the key my friend..Like you dinner, laundery household thingys going on...make time
for Beansie...you are worth it no? Little hangers are what I had in mind also, for this one and the little hot pad I worked up this week. Do they sell hangers that small?

Caroline said...

Hi Beansie! I'm glad to see ya again and catch up with ya! The bean-bag kitty is darling, thanks for the link. School is finally out here in the mid-west and I'm finally getting a breathe of summer vacation. Hopefully I'll see more of you around the blog world. Happy Friday!

Sherry from Alabama said...

That kitty is the cutest! I'm with you on the reading, gotta get work done before pleasure or I'll never get back to the work. I'm so glad you came by and visited me this morning. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Mary said...

Darling kitty you crocheted, Tina. The dryer sheet rose is so pretty, too. Did ya get your nails done? I need to do mine....just not motivated enough yet. Have a great weekend.
Hugz, Mary

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Those dryer sheet roses sure are pretty.

I'm going to have to try that book series. I know I put a lot of Hallmark teen cards out featuring the various vampires...they sell so quickly...

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Beautiful rooster dishes....have fun crocheting...Christmas presents...great idea!

Leann said...

Hi Tina

Well aren't you just a git er done kinda gal. You sure can get a lot accomplished in a day.

Love the kitty!

Leann

Sherry said...

i love your dishes and it is always great to get what you want at a bargain price.

debbie said...

OH MY GOODNESS TINA,
I THINK THOSE DISHES HAVE MY NAME ON THEM. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE...MAY I ASK WHERE YOU BOUGHT THEM...THOSE WERE DESIGNED FOR ME...AND YOU AND SANDI AND WHOEVER ELSE BOUGHT THEM. THEY ARE JUST SO ME AND MOI HOUSE. I AM SO VERY GLAD YOU FOUND THEM AT A BARGAIN PRICE.
I LOVE YOUR CROCHETED KITTY
HAVE A LOVELY WEEKEND AND MAYBE YOU CAN READ YOUR BOOK.
HUGS AND BLESSINGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Simone said...

Lovely post Beansie. I love your crochet kitty with his colourful rose. I am glad you managed to get your matching dishes and eventually got to read your book!!! x

Susie Jefferson said...

What a fabulous piece of luck, getting those dishes. A true serendipity moment! they were MEANT for you. And a great rose tutorial, I love YouTube...

I hope you got stuck into your book - one more to go to finish the series (I've already read it) and I won't spoil it for you except to say I loved it!

Stacia said...

What a cute kitty! Can you crochet bunnies?
Thanks for the lovely post on my blog. It really brightens my day to hear you are trying and enjoying my recipes! Stop by again real soon!!

http://thedomesticengineerblogs.blogspot.com

Molly said...

Tina Congrats! You are the winner of one of my giveaways. If you will please send me your mailing address I will get this into the mail for you. Thanks!

Pam said...

Love your post. Glad you were able to find the completers for your dishes. Hope you have time to read your book this weekend.

© Jennifer Raley said...

Was catching my blogroll and came by - are you on PS today? Anyway, love your dishes! CUTE kitty! Enjoyed your post! Take care, Jenn

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Hi Beansie!
What a fun post! I enjoyed following you thru your day!!
Your crochet kitty is the dearest thing ever! Perfect for a "hang in there" kitty on top of the computer monitor :-)
Your dishes are so cute and I agree that Country is still hot! There is not much better than finding just what you are looking for and at a super duper sale price all the better!! YAY Goo Gone!
A crochet half doll pincushion sounds really cute!
I thought I was already a follower of your sweet blog but it turns out I wasnt! But am now :-))
I';ll be back again soon!!
Hugs and Smiles,
Lynn

GWENDOLYN said...

I love your crocheted puppy.. I had a look at the website and I think I will give those little purses a try.
So glad you got the dishes you wanted. Very pretty roosters.
I have watched the movies but not read the books of the twilight series. One of my friends keeps telling me to read them , even though I have seen the movies as the books are so good.
Have a good read:)
Blessings
Gwen

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

Blogger keeps going down on me, and I keep trying to post a comment. Love those rooster dishes! And $.50 for a dessert plate? I'd rush to get them, too. I'm sure glad you found some time to sit back and relax finally.

Tiffanee said...

Another darling kitty!! They will certainly make great gifts. You had a very busy day my dear. Love the plates and I can't believe you found them for fifty cents. Amazing. I love the Twilight series. Eclipse was my favorite!! Will you send some warm weather my way. We are drowning in the rain. Glad to hear you liked the pizza. I really want to make it again!!

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

I know what you mean! There's always something to be done! I love the dishes, way cute! BTW, there is no contest. It's EDWARD all the way, ha!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Ahhhhh.....I love your little kitty...and the tutorial on YouTube was great. I've bookmarked it so I can go back to it...

Oh how I wish I could have a day to just sit and read....it's a dream.....maybe someday. Right now I'm re-doing the house....Yipppee!

Huggies,
Spencer