Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hooking -n- Cooking?

Well, I've been fairly busy today!  First, I whipped up a batch of apple dip!  I was snacking on it while watching American Idol last night, and ran out...  Did anyone watch it last night?  Well, the show was great, and now that they're down to three finalists, I've made up my mind! 

I don't know about the rest of you, and I love the other two... but my vote is definitely for Lee!  I really hope he wins!

Anyways, after making the dip, I went on to make a good sized pot of homemade pea soup! I'm the only one in the house who likes it;  but that's o.k., I guess, this just means all the more for me!  I now have several containers stored ahead in the freezer, and lunch was delicious!

Funny though, I guess I didn't realize, Dear Son was not too impressed with the smell of pea soup lingering through the house when he got home from school!  Oh well, I just got out the Glade room spray!  Dear Daughter came over for dinner tonight, and I have to admit... As much as I like pea soup, I still didn't want my whole house to smell like it!  

Soon after cleaning up the morning mess and dishes, and I decided to take a little break, and got out my crochet, while this time catching "The View" on t.v...  I'm working on two projects at the moment, but I decided to finish testing a pattern for Donna, at Smooth Fox Original Crochet Patterns.  It was quick!  It was easy!  I slapped a pom-pom on it, and my hat was done!  I simply used a Red Heart Super Saver variegated yarn, and it came out pretty true to size, I'd say.  I debated on adding the pom-pom, but I ended up thinking "Aw, go ahead... It's cute!"...  if not for me, then for somebody, right?!

Hey, is Shelia around?  I missed her Bathroom Beauty event because my camera wouldn't cooperate that day.  As you can see, it's still not working much better, but at least it's working a little!  Here's me in my new hat!..  Better late than never??


Dinner with Dear Daughter was nice tonight.  I'm so grateful for every bit of time we get to see and spend with her!  Later on, I hope to work a little on both another beanbag kitty, and my Blessings project, while watching tonight's results on American Idol. 

I want to thank CC, at Lace 'n' Ribbon Roses, for the Trendy Blog Award she just honored me with!  Gee, I sure would like to think I'm cool and I'm stylin'!...  staying young, keeping up with the times and all the trends!


One thing's for sure... I sure am glad I have Dear Daughter around to occasionally check up about these things with, when I need to!!  You know!.. like "Are these jeans still in style, or not?"...   or "Is anyone wearing these kind of sunglasses anymore?"...  "What do you mean, nobody wears bobby socks?!"


As for my blog, I try to keep things fresh and interesting, as best I can!  Some days are better than others I suppose, but I always try to keep it a happy place.  I think that's a good trend!  If I have any boo-hooing to do, I'll do that in my pillow!..  Not here! 

Well, if you haven't yet heard, CC has just taken a bit of a nasty spill recently, and I hope everyone's remembering her in their prayers!  I heard Sherry, from Country Wings in Phoenix is back home from the hospital, but I'm keeping her in my prayers too, wishing both her and CC well!

As always, thanks so much for stopping by today!

~Beansie~                

20 comments:

myletterstoemily said...

you are amazing! you accomplish more in a day
than i do in a month!

i do have three daughters who keep me slightly
out of the dark ages with my jeans, too! aren't
daughters wonderful?

my husband will ask, "are you inebriated on the
girls again?"

Molly said...

I also love testing for Donna, her work is so great. Congrats on the Trendy Blog Award, I agree with the vote. You are the greatest!!

Shana said...

Love the hat. I think your blog is always pretty and happy. I love reading your posts and seeing what crafty thing you think of next.

Lisa said...

Lovn' the hat!! CUTE! I love pea soup! Lee is on to the finals!!! I just watched!!! I voted for him too!!!!
Have a great week!!!
Hugs, Lisa

Marydon Ford said...

Sherry had a rough first day at home, but she does sound a tad better vocally. TYSM for your support during her illness.

I love your writes ... they are fun ... BTW if you put ham in that soup, I'll be right over!!!

Have a lovely day.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Nancy M. said...

The hat looks great on you! Glad you have someone to keep you on your toes! I have a cousin who is like my adopted daughter, same age as my son, who tells me whats cool and whats not.

Paula said...

Congrats, Miss Trendy Blog Award Recipient. You deserve it. Your blogs are always informative and up-beat.
:o} paula

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Your hat is so cute, and you look so cute in it! You're a busy lady! laurie

Doris Sturm said...

I know, Tina, you do so much - it would take me a week to do what all you do in a day, and I don't even watch TV. My ting is being outside and sometimes I don't spend a lot of time in here, of course, I don't have to cook for anyone and often don't! But I do love being outside in the wee mornings with my dog while it's still cool and oftentimes have to take a nap in the afternoon because I've been up for so long and am tired again - but, so what? Nobody cares if I nap. Gizzy sleeps a lot too.

I appreciate your posts and it's always a happy place to visit. Your hat came out really cute with that pom pom on top.

Have a wonderful week :-)

Shelia said...

Hi Tina! Oh, look at you snapping for me! I'm so thrilled! I will have a post up soon and you will get crowned! Thank you.
Oh, you've been busy. If I lived closer I would come over and eat pea soup with you. Love it! :)
You're quite a busy gal! Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Claudia said...

You look adorable in that hat! I love pea soup so I would have been happy smelling that aroma throughout the house.

I've given up on being hip ... although I am around a lot of young people at the moment and it reminds me that I USED to be hip!

xo
Claudia

Jenglamgirl said...

WOW' busy mom busy you. I love the hat, its darling. i CAN'T SAY I have ever had PEA SOUP, so I can't form an opinion. Love your fun pretty layout, header, and button... it all looks great. Thanks for your sweet visit too. Hope you have a great day. Jenn

Micki said...

I love your new crocheted hat..the colours you used are wonderful!
Micki

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Yoour blog is wonderful....Always love every post....and your sidebars are beautiful.I have had so little time to catch up on my favorite blogs. Hope you will stop by...I have a great Disney giveaway...
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/05/disney-giveaway.html

Shelia said...

Hi Tina! I'm back! :0 You do look cute in that little hat. Thanks for popping in to visit me and I'll have to go and check out our Texas Collecting Gal and read about her stuff. ;)
Glad you liked that silly little song! I used to love those old Barbara Streisand musicals and maybe this was from one of those.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Tiffanee said...

Love the Hat!! You look darling! As for your blog I LOVE it! Don't change a thing. It is all great!! So no stressing! You were a busy woman. I wish I could accomplish half as much as you. Glad to hear you like Lee also. He has been my favorite from the beginning! Have a great weekend!

Leann said...

Hi Tina

Love the hat. You look like someone I know, but just can't place. Do you get that a lot?

Enjoy the weekend!
Leann

Linda M said...

Your hat is so cute

Yarnjeannie said...

That's a great hat! And it looks great on you - I think you should keep it for yourself!

You have been a very busy girl. I hope to be able to catch up to speed with my crochet projects. I've got the Grange Fair in August and I haven't missed a year putting entries into the competition since I started taking part in 1993.

Heading into my stash to find some projects - wish me luck!

Aunt Pitty Pat's Fun said...

Yes my vote was like you!!! Yeah Lee won!!!
M