Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Berry Cute Trivet!


Today is Rednesday, and I am linking up
with Sue, from It's a Very Cherry World!


It is also Watcha Workin On Wednesday
with Leslie, at My Country Home!

This week I decided to join in on the May Crochet-Along over at Crochet Soiree!  There were two projects to choose from specifically, and I want to do both, of course;  but I decided to make a strawberry trivet first!  The pattern is written to make a "Berry Cute Coaster", using size 10 cotton thread: but when using a thicker yarn, you end up with a nicely sized trivet instead!  So I used Peaches & Creme cotton yarn in red to make my trivet into a strawberry!  It came out to be about 9" in width, and 9 1/2" in length.  


As you can see, I used a pastel green for the leafy top of the strawberry, because that is the only shade of green I had in a cotton yarn. So to tone that pastel down just a tad, I added a darker green rick-rack.  Next, after adding some tiny white glass beads to one side, I then felt much happier with how it looked overall!  New members are welcome at Crochet Soiree, so if you would like to try this pattern out too, then head on over, and check things out!  As for me, I'll soon be working on that second May Crochet-Along...   A beanbag kitty!  Can't wait to get started on that!

Finally, on my way to one place or another, I came across a big, multi-family garage sale!  The weather has not yet been kind enough for people to feel confident in holding any garage/yard sales yet this year, but apparently these people were feeling gutsy!  I was thrilled to find a few milk glass pieces, and other little odds and ends such as this little 5" decorative plate!...


Aren't the red roses on it pretty?!  And the saying on it?  Well...  Isn't THAT the truth?!!

Finally, I stitched up a square for a project I'm working on, My 100 Blessings sampler!  This particular square has a red apple in it, representing the blessing of good health!  


You can see more about this square, and more about this project, on my Beansie's Blessings blog!  If you think you'd like to join in on this project, you can see Amy, at Counting My Blessings, to sign up!

Special thanks to Sue, and to Leslie, for hosting today's events, and thanks to all for stopping by!

~Beansie~

33 comments:

Beverooni said...

You are SOOOO ambitious. Where do you get the energy? I love the trivet and can't wait to see the bean bag cat. I might have to pop over and see that pattern myself today.

Ann said...

What a beautiful red strawberry trivet!! How adorable. Your fingers of love certainly created a wonderful piece. :)
Blessings,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Pammy Sue said...

Love the strawberry trivet!

craftyles said...

The strawberry is so cute! You are very talented.

CC said...

Love,love the strawberry.Girl, where oh where,do you find time??????

Collected Treasures...for the home, heart & soul said...

Adore the strawberry!!!!!! So cute and clever.,
xojana

Kimbles said...

Lovely Strawberry trivet - you are so busy! Looking forward to seeing the cat x

glor said...

Strawberry Trivet, so great! I really have to get caught up and join in on the fun! Another wonderful blessing added, have to do that one too. Oh need more time, can you send me some!! Hoping over to your blessings blog now. Have a wonderful day.

~~Carol~~ said...

That strawberry trivet is just gorgeous! It's one more good reason to learn how to crochet. One of these days!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

Mary said...

What a cute/true saying on that adorable plate you found. Your strawberry creation is perfect! D.A.R.L.I.N.G. Cay-ute "apple a day" square, too. Happy REDnesday, Tina~

Tami said...

Adorable strawberry.....thanks for stopping by to and leaving such sweet comments!! I love to make things with what I already have.

Have a great week!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Your potholder is so CUTE!! I kick myself daily for never learning to knit and crochet. Got to do something about that! :)

I so want to join Amy's Count Your Blessings but I'm so afraid of 100 inchie squares. YIKES! Yours is darling!

Happy Rednesday,
Sally

Paula said...

Great Strawberry . . love the rick rack addition.

Doris Sturm said...

I love that strawberry. I recently joined Crochet Soiree and really want to participate in the CAL, but don't know if I have enough time. I seriously have to cut my computer time if I want to get anything done and probably just blog a couple of times a week...you did an excellent job on that berry. I really love the little white beads you added.

Have a great day, Tina - please give Ubu a belly rub for me ;-)
Doris

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Hi Tina...gosh that strawberry trivet is so cute and I love the size it came out to with the cotton yarn. So true...the improvement plate. I have had a Canon camera before and they are wonderful. I just happened on the NeatONikon and the price was right. I got it for Christmas and am just now getting time to play with it and finding out all the NeatO Stuff it can do. Especially am liking the choices of color picture taking...sepia, blk and white as well as standard color or Vivid color. It is pretty easy to use as well. I just take one thing at a time or on a NeedIt basis. Thanks for stopping by.....Sue

Mica said...

That is so tootin cute...is the pattern on that site? I would love to make one???? Let me know... Sweet plate find too... I love garage sales...Have a great day...Mica/The Child's Paper/The Sowing Box

Barbara said...

Wow I just love your strawberry trivet! I want to make both of the patterns too! But first I have to finish one of the prizes! I'm so glad you joined in. It's fun isn't it? LOL

Hugsxx
Barbara

Melody said...

That trivet is the Berry Best, but I am partial to anything strawberry.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

That strawberry trivet is so cute! Love that plate and the saying on it. laurie

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

What a lovely design. Your strawberry trivet looks good enough to eat. You are so talented. I love the way that it is trimmed. Well done.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Tina,

I always love visiting you because your post are so bright and happy. I need that today as I had a very bad night at work and needed to smile. Your sweet berry coaster made me smile.Thanks so much , my friend!!
Debbie

Marydon Ford said...

I love LOVE your stitcheries ... beautiful. The verse is perfect!

Have a lovely weekend.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Loretta said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I love your blog and have become a follower.

Micki said...

Your strawberry trivet is just beautiful! I love the colours that you chose.
Micki

Molly said...

Tina I love how your Berry Trivet turned out, and the beads on it is so perfect. I am going to make the Kitty and save the Berry for a more less busy time.....if there is such a thing. I'm so glad you joined us over at Crochet Soiree, it is a great place for sure.

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Hi Beansie,

I love everything but especially the crocheted strawberry. I've been crocheting for almost 18 years...self taught because I'm a leftie and everyone I asked to teach me got this glazed over look in their eyes...LOL

I love using patterns that call for #10 thread and use larger yarn for a new purpose. I will have to go check out the crochet along site.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for taking time to let me know you were there. ~♥~

Have a wonderful day and come by anytime!

Hugs,
Stephanie ~♥~

Lisa said...

OMG!!!! I love your strawberry!! I want one!! Will you sell me one??? PLLLEEESSSSEEE???
I love all your Wednesday fun!!
Hugs, Lisa

Kerrie said...

Loved the strawberry! Beautiful!

daylily777 said...

Hi Beansie,
I love the strawberry trivet !You have inspired me , I may try to make one . That plate is great , too.
Blessings,
~Myrna

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh now that is so cute! You actually made a little trivet look glamorous!

SueLovesCherries said...

Wow, that is one beautiful trivet! You did a great job! And good thinking on adding the beads and rick rack trim!

Shana said...

Tina I have to tell you I love the saying on that plate and you know your work is gorgeous as always. i am loving your blessings too!!

PeggyR said...

Thanks for posting on my blog! The doll is porcelain and has cloth over the face that yes is painted. I thought she was unique. Fabric/felted postcards are fun to make!