Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My First Rednesday!

Moving on to some red WITH my blues, I thought I would participate in some Rednesday fun! This weekly event is hosted by Sue, at It's A Very Cherry World!


Just a couple of days ago, I was shopping in a local DG store, just to pick up a couple of things, when I saw a set of dishes that stopped me dead in my tracks! There they were, set up and displayed on the end cap of an aisle, calling to me of course! They were PERFECT! Blue gingham around the edge of each dinner plate, with just a touch of red, and the ROOSTER, himself, at the center! These dishes had MY name all over them! Oh,they were made just for ME! All thoughts of anything else escaped me, and as quick as I could, my arms full with as many plates I thought I could carry home, off I was running to the check out counter! I bought eight dinner plates, a salt and pepper set, and a matching kitchen towel!.. Well.. plus the few necessities I managed to remember!


The sales girl told me there were more pieces to be set out, but she just hasn't "gotten to it yet". There I am, wildly thinking, but biting my tongue, "Well, PLEASE get TO IT!" But... she is very nice, and is most always helpful, so fine... I'll be patient. I just feel a little like a kid, bursting at the seams, in excitement here! So, in my next trip, if she has "gotten to it", I hope to get matching bowls and matching dessert plates!!

Here I have them displayed, for the moment anyway, as so, in my kitchen hutch. At the center, I have a couple of teddy bears, some candles, and some candy set up, in the spirit of Valentine's Day!

Boy, no matter what camera you may be using, photos will always tell you like it IS! I think these photos are telling me to pick up some Old English! This hutch has always meant a great deal to me. I refused to leave it behind during the "big bad move", so I do want it to look it's best.

By the way.. I forgot to mention.. After running out of the store with my new found treasures, I realized I never got the paper towels I went in there for in the FIRST place! (Sigh..) Back in I went, to get them. Done... NOW I could go home to play with my new dishes!


Please do help yourself to a piece of candy, if you like!


Here is a doll, that used to belong to the mother of my best friend! She loved dolls, red apples and red gingham in her kitchen, when she was still with us. So now that this little dolly lives here, she makes me smile, and holds fond memories for me! I'm so glad I have her to grace my own little country kitchen now, and will always take good care of her!


Finally, here is my favorite red bag, which I like to tote around every Valentine's Day! I love a big bag to carry ALL my "stuff"!.. Very important stuff, of course! Here, on the front of the bag, you see Alice and the Queen of Hearts shown playing their game of croquet!


Here's a little something I'm sure you have seen before, but I just had to include it because I LOVE it!



I am curiouser, and curiouser to see the new version of Alice In Wonderland, with Johnny Depp!! I've just seen the first commercial for it, and I really want to see it, soon as I can! How about you?

Well, I hope you enjoyed your visit here today! Be sure to visit Sue, and check out her giveaway!!.. Then see the rest of the Rednesday participants! If you have some RED you'd like to share, then be sure to join in!

--------------------

32 comments:

Faith said...

ooh hoo! snazzy dishes.. a little something useful and simple to make you smile...It is a good thing.. The hutch is beautiful..I would love to have one, no space for it here,
maybe someday....I think a nice grapevine wreath, or a small basket that hangs on the wall, you know a flat sided one, would loverly next to your shutter and crochet pen n pad...I am working on one right now..what a cool idea....

Bon said...

Love the dishes!:)

daylily777 said...

I love the new dishes ! What a delightful way to end your post with the Alice video!
Blessings,
~Myrna

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Hi Tina!

those dishes are so cute! I love the cheeriness of them! Great find!

~~Carol~~ said...

I can't believe those dishes came from Dollar General! I love roosters! And anything red, white and blue! If I didn't have such a teeny tiny house, I would get them. Even though I do have a set of rooster dishes, can you really ever have enough?!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

sissie said...

Hi Beansie,
I can just see you running to the register as fast as your little feet will take you!
Your are too cute and so are your dishes.
They look very nice displayed in your cabinet.

Hugs
sissie

Keri said...

Hi, Tina! You always seem to find such neat bargains. I'm not such a lucky or smart shopper as yourself. I do like your new goodies, and it will be neat to see the whole set. Cock-a-doodle-dooooooooooo!!! :)

Nancy M. said...

Oh my goodness! I am in love with those dishes! I hope they have them at my DG store! I would have forgotten everything else too, lol!

Yarnjeannie said...

What an amazing bargain! Isn't it great when you find something so perfect?

Happy Rednesday!

Nancy said...

Great dishes! What is a DG store? I tried to look it up and still couldn't figure it out.

Leann said...

They are just too sweet. I love the blue gingham. You always find a good bargain.

Leann

Simone said...

I love the rooster plates! Thanks for the valentine candy too! x

CC said...

Oooo,I love those pretty dishes..I would so love to have a set of 4 of everything for myself.. Happy Rednesday..
p.s. I love that gorgeous little sweet doll..

Nancy said...

oooo, great idea, a denim one. didn't know how else to contact you. perfect!!!

CACHANILLA73 said...

Love those plates!!! and your blog too!.

Candy said...

Nice combination with the reds added to your blues. Great first REDnesday post.
Thanks for stopping by for a bit of coming and going ;-)

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

Hiya Tina! Love those darling dishes! I hope you will be able to get the matching pieces!

Thanks for the candy!

Cheers!
Tina

SueLovesCherries said...

Those dishes are Fantabulous! The doll is so precious - she reminds me of Little House on the Prairie!

YES, I'm going to see Alice when it comes out - I'm always up for a good Johnny Depp movie!

Shelley Germann said...

OMGoodness. I was just about to write almost the same as Sue above me!

Yes, the dishes are a great find!
The doll is so cute and so nice to have a reminder of someone you care about.
And YES I want to see The new Alice In Wonderland. It looks really good! I've watched every trailer I could find (they aren't any different!)

Marsha's Mpressions said...

Cute cute plates! About the birds, your idea of feeding them in a small corner of the yard is a must. It will make you happy! :)

Bearly Sane said...

My favourite REDnesday post this week ... ROOSTERS, TEDDIES and DEPP!!! What more could a girl ask for??
We saw the shorts for AIW when we went to see Avatar ... FABULOUS in 3D can't wait till the release in March!!! I've been hanging for a dose of Depp for ages!!
Hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

Lisa said...

OH I like your new dishes!! Your pics are good today I hope your camera is co operating! I like your blues and reds! I really should do this one I am a red girl too!
Hugs, Lisa

myletterstoemily said...

love the plates, the hutch, and happy rednesday!

Shana said...

Those dishes are too cute! I love gingham also. I don't really have very much red in anything though. My kitchen is red but I don't think anyone would want to see a picture of a red wall...lol. I love your hutch too. I need one but am waiting to find just the right one. well, as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg haha.

Dawn said...

Hi Tina, great dishes, they'd work wonderfully in my dinning room too! I love dishes but have tried to stay away from tablescaping. I've got to many compulsions already! Most of my dishes get hung on the wall. Nice to meet you.
Dawn

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Love those plates! And to think, there will be more where those came from. I have to carry a big bag too. My husband always wants to know why I have such a big purse, but then if he gets a headache, or has a hang nail, I can pull something out of my bag to help. What a sweet little doll, and how great that she holds special memories for you. laurie

Shropshire Suz said...

Love the plates and thanks for the congratulations on the house purchase so excited and can't wait for April
Hugs XX

Susie's country cottage said...

I couldn't understand what you meant when you said your photos were telling you to pick up some 'Old English' until I opened the link and discovered it was furniture polish! We dont have Old English here in England...strange that! Anyway, everything looks fine to me! I too am curious about the new Alice in Wonderland film with Johnny Depp. I like Johnny but he looks very strange with is red hair and green eyes!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Can't wait for the new Alice to come out! When my daughter was very little, she wanted to change her name to Alicen and it took me a while to figure out why. Finally, she said she wanted to be like the Wonderland girl named Alicen. She thought the girls name was Alicen Wonderland...we still laugh about that...she is in college right now.
♥, Susan

The Happy Homemaker said...

What an adorable set of dishes!Isn't it wonderful when you can find such cute dishes at such a great price???You really scored there,girl!

Elly said...

I'm in love with that cute little doll!!!! She's adorable!
Like your dinerware too, have fun with it!

Marie said...

I love your great find of the dishes. I hope you get the other pieces to go with them.
Love,
Marie