Thursday, February 4, 2010

Are You Wearing Red?

Today is National Wear Red Day. Are you wearing your red today?


Certainly, we can all find SOMETHING red today.. Yes?

Maybe a cute little red dress, like this one?


How about a red hat? I do LOVE a pretty hat like this!


Even a little red necklace would be nice, don't you think?



Perhaps some red high heels?



Or maybe you're just a jeans-n-sneakers kinda girl! That's fine too!



Well, while it may be fun playing dress-up like this, in reality, we all need to support the movement to spread the word that heart disease doesn't really CARE what you wear at all! It is important we all know the facts!

For instance, did you know heart disease is the number one killer of women?

Did you know most women begin developing heart disease at a very young age? An average of one in every five teens has high cholesterol already!

One in every 3 women die of some form of heart disease.

Nearly 2/3 of the women who die suddenly of a heart attack had no prior symptoms.

The more you learn, the scarier it can be, but we can do more to beat the statistics! You can greatly lower your risk simply by living a healthier lifestyle. Eat properly. Exercise. Quit smoking! A doctor may prescribe medication, if necessary. There's even a quiz you can take HERE to find out more information that could perhaps further help you individually.

Well, I just wanted to share this today, because I have made so many wonderful acquaintances and good friends here in Blogland, and I care about my friends! So I just want us all to take good care of ourselves so that we can STAY friends!.. O.K.??



That Betty Boop is a real doll, isn't she? Ya gotta love her!

Here's one of my own dolls, I thought I'd share today! She's one of my favorites! See the red hearts valentine garland I've been working on too? You can find the pattern for these hearts right HERE.


Yes, Marilyn's all dolled up in her finest red for today! I hope you are too!

By the way, this is Day 5 of Brambleberry Cottage's Valentine's Party! Be sure to visit Liz, and all the participants there!


Today's theme is "Seeing Red"!!.. Well, of all things! I'm glad I could play along today! For the little bit of "FYI", and for the fun of dressing up in your favorite reds, I hope you enjoyed your visit here!

((Hugs))

--------------------

21 comments:

Hootin' Anni said...

What a great post. Today is National Women's Heart Health Awareness. I'm still in jammies, but I WILL be wearing red to be sure....when I finally get dressed.

Have a great Friday.

Simone said...

Thank you for your supportive comments on my post yesterday Beansie. They meant a lot to me. I am not wearing red today but I do have a lovely red bag to go out with! x

Ghost said...

Project Runway had red last night for heart patients too.

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Tina, I wear red all the time.....love it!!!!

Barb ♥

Nancy M. said...

Nope, didn't know I was supposed to wear red today, I guess I need to change!

You won the giveaway on my blog for the devotional book! Please e-mail me your address and I will make sure it gets out to you! Congrats!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Tina sweetie...
Beautiful post. Just beautiful. I love this one. Love Little Red Riding Hood, she has always been one of my favorites.

I have to tell you, I love the red tennies most of all. That is me, I can no longer wear heels so I love tennis shoes. Aren't they just the cutest pair ever?

Thank you for sharing your heart history with me. Every bit of it is so true, and yes we need to be made more aware of all of these things. Thank you sweet friend.

Have a beautiful Friday. Tomorrow is Pink Saturday. Country hugs sweetie and so much love...Sherry

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Hi Tina,
I didn't know it was 'Wear Red Day', but then I'm a Canadian. I do happen to have a red top on though! I love the red hat! See you tomorrow for Pink Saturday.

Blessings,
Sandi

Unique2wh0 said...

Very nice post enjoyed it very much!

Lisa said...

Shoot! I even have red scrubs and can wear what ever to work on Friday! I wish I had known! Great of you to let us all in on it!
Hugs, Lisa

bec4 said...

I was going to wear red and forgot. I should have read this this morning. I am so glad the cookies turned out well, they are delicious, aren't they?

Marilyn said...

As a teacher, I LOVE the first illustration of Little Red. You've got some other cute pictures on the sides, too. And I totally forgot I have a RED HAT in the closet--I am of an age that can wear it proudly, but don't go out anywhere to plop in on! Oh, well. Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

Debbie said...

An eye opening post, I hope all women get a chance to stop in and read it. Thank you!

bj said...

This is a wonderful and informative post. Thanks so much. and...thanks so much for following..I am doing the same.
xo bj
O, and I just got your button for my sidebar.

Tammy@ A Doctor in the House said...

Love this post! Nothing like a red pair of shoes!

Point Breeze Designs said...

I had my red on too...I love that dress...."sexy"...ohhhhh.... red and pinks are my fav colors, I eat pretty healthy it's the exercise that I procrastinate about.. :(

© Jennifer Raley said...

I enjoyed the Betty Boop video and your compassionate plea to 'take good care of yourself'. Some nice flashy reds there, especially in your name at the end! (I didn't get by on Friday - i'm late.) Jenn

Kerrie said...

I just loved all of the reds!! Fun! Kerrie

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Just found your blog and I love it. Your post was very informative. Look forward to getting to know you. Have a great weekend. Blessings, Martha

Kerrie said...

Gosh, thanks for checking out my craft blog and for your comments on the Afghan. The pattern is handed down from slaves I am told. It is fun to work on and I plan to make another in pastels soon. Hugs, Kerrie Stay warm! Have a great day tomorrow. I am making Spinach puffs and my sis-in-law is making a baked chicken dish-hurray!

CC said...

I loved your post..and I did wear red in support of the fight against heart disease in women. Now, my red consisted of a red t-shirt,nothing gorgeous like the dress,heels or that scrumptious necklace..ooo,I sure with that pretty necklace was mine.. :), and I so enjoyed Betty Boop..she's such a little doll.What a wonderful caring friend you are to worry about us all...that's why we all love you girl. You're such a sweetie.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

That was really a sweet red dress...for my daughter! LOL

Thanks for joining in on the fun! Come back often and tell a friend!

~Liz