Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Holiday Spirit or Horror Show?

Ask me how I'm doing today!.. Go ahead.. Don't be afraid.. Just ask me!

Do I post the following images in the fun and spooky spirit of the holiday?.. Or more likely, is this the way I'm really FEELING right now?!!!


As I pack box after box throughout the house, I can't help but feel like things look worse and worse. I am surrounded. I try to make my way through, but I trip and I stumble! Oh my gosh, it's getting dark in here, but I can't find the lamp!!


Now I might be wrong. I'm trying to remain confident. I've always been a firm believer in taking things one day at a time.. And I convince myself that I really AM making a dent! I really AM making progress! Why I MIGHT even be more ahead of the game than I THINK I am! Dear Son readily helps with anything and everything I ask. He even offers help WITHOUT being asked! When Dear Daughter comes here, to help when she can, she says she can see all the work I've been doing! But there are so many boxes! They're piled sky high, but STILL I need MORE! My God, I need MORE boxes!!


There's a CRASH!.. What was that? I turn to look, but I see nothing!.. Nothing but boxes! Left. Right. My heart races!.. I can't make my way through! Dear Son? Anybody?.. Where are you? Did you hear that? What was it?!


Oh.. (sigh).. It was just the cat, knocking down one of my silk flower arrangements! Bad little kitty! Now you shall have no pie! NEVERMORE!!

My gosh, I have to get a grip here! What happened to whistle while you work?

You know?? When after a year from now, if I should question if the place I'm in is not good enough for some reason.. and I actually seem to be consciously contemplating moving AGAIN, by CHOICE, might I ask even one of my good friends and neighbors here in Blogland, to just snap their fingers.. For the love of everything holy!.. Wake and shake me up just a little.. and remind me of the HORROR that I'm going through right NOW?!!


Thank you so much for hearing me vent just a bit! Wish me luck. I'm going to need it, to be ready to move by the 31st!

And please.. Don't be afraid to stop back tomorrow... If you dare!

16 comments:

Karrie said...

I never realized how much I owned until I had to pack to move! It is amazing the things you accumulate. Hope your packing goes swiftly and the move real steady. Blessings to you this week and next.
~Karrie

Beverooni said...

I'm snapping my fingers AND waving my magic wand. Is it helping?

CC said...

If I had a magic wand,I would send it to you. I believe if I had to pack my things to move,I would A. either shoot myself or B. give everything away and start all over. I just could not fathom packing everything.Goo luck and I will keep you in my prayers.

Shana said...

Bless your heart! I hate moving! I would help you if we were close though. It will get better and it always looks worse until you are done.

Fairy Footprints said...

Tina lol the pictures were to cute. I will pray for an easy transition during the move, thank god your son is helping you out.

Blessings,
Heidi

Leann said...

Take a deep breath! I'm sending calming thoughts your way. How much longer to the big day?

Leann

Jane (Frugal Fine Living) said...

LOO...love the photos. I feel for ya! Moving is such a chore, but it'll be worth it when your all done. We've been in this house for over 7 years now, and I've already told my husband the next move will be in our retirement home someplace warm. However, by then, I'll definitely be hiring a moving company to do the work.

Jane

nannykim said...

Packing is so hard!!! One of the good things about it , however, is that it allows you to see everything you have and it helps you to get rid of some things that are purely junk......Hope you survive.

Two years ago we were wondering why we were so tired. In the space of 3 months we helped pack and move my in-laws, we helped my oldest son pack for his move to Seattle, and we helped my daughter, pack, clean and move across her town (and we had helped her move from Pa to SC the year before!!!)

The next year (this past year) when my in-laws both had catastropheeeeees--one a stroke and the other Alzheimer's we had to sell the place they had moved into and get rid of all of their stuff!!! NO MORE MOVING!!!! FOR A WHILE...I SAY!!

Micki said...

Boy, you need a chill pill or a nice long bubble bath! My goodness!
Micki

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

I haven't packed to move in almost 30 years and it would scare me now if I had to. Back in my younger years I didn't have as much, but I think it would be a daunting task for me now at 56 years old because I'd have to do it alone. Eeek! You'll do it though and I'll say good luck prayers for you. xxoo

Prancing Pixie Studio said...

Heehe, What a perfect post! I so understand what you are going thru.....we have moved 14 times in 20 years. I think I got all the moves counted...it makes my head spin to think of them all! I still collect tons of stuff even though I should know better. I am so glad you have some help. I will send up some prayers for peace and a smooth transition. Hang in there, it will be over soon!
Blessings~LillySue
P.S. Have you seen "Where The Wild Things Are" yet?? It was kind of a let down. NOT a kids movie!

Hootin' Anni said...

It's not the packing that bothers me...it's the move, and the UNPACKING. We've lived in this house for five years now [as of yesterday in fact] and I still have boxes in the attic that never got unpacked and probably won't. LOLOLOL

Hope your Thursday will treat you kindly.

Suburban Hooker said...

I'm helping....can you see me, I'm in the kitchen wrapping up glass ware. Next I'll pack up the linen closet and all that stuff that's stored under the sink. Can you see me Beansie?? I'm right there, helping!!

I completely understand. We moved 11 times in our first 4 yrs of marriage. I got in this house and swore I wasn't leaving unless it was by controlled burn. The last 3 or 4 I never even unboxed anything. I was ready to live at a storage locker!! I feel for ya and I seriously wish I lived close enough to help!!

Lorrie said...

Oh my, you sound like you do need a chocolate break! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope the move goes well. Isn't it amazing how much stuff we all have?

Lorrie

Keri said...

Underneath all these other well-wishers, here I am, sending you best wishes and warm thoughts! I HATE packing, so I can only empathize with you right now. You're so awesome, though, keeping that smile (or was that a snarl?) on your face. :)

Sandy said...

My heart goes out to you, moving, yuck, and double yuck!! Thanks so much for stopping and leaving such wonderful comments with all you have going on. I'll be thinking of you and can't wait to see pictures.
Sandy