Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Catching Up And MOOO-ving Along!

The closer Moving Day gets, the more nervous and worried I feel about being organized and ready for it. Nobody could say I'm not working as hard as I can to get everything done, but organization was never my specialty! I make every effort to TRY to be, and I'd LIKE to think I'm improving, but I'm not exactly following a checklist, like I'm sure I SHOULD be! To be honest, I'm more like the chicken running around with her head cut off right now! Well, for getting so much done as I did today, whether it was in an orderly fashion or not, I felt I deserved at least a little computer time tonight, to catch up a bit before I head to bed for the night! So without any further ado, let's get this post MOOOOO-ving, shall we?!


I was so happy to receive a couple of awards during the past week! This first award was given to me by Gracie, whom I love to visit at both her blogs.. A Touch of Grace, and Grace Is In My Kitchen.


If I remember correctly, I first met Grace through Pink Saturdays, and it has been a pleasure visiting and getting to know her ever since! Now, as a rule, I must pass this "One Lovely Blog Award" on to new blogs I have recently discovered. They are as follows...

I received a second award from Sally, at Suburban Hooker! Sally is one of the first friends I met here in Blogland, and I made one of most favorite winter hats using a crochet pattern she designed! Here she has presented to me the "Gorgeous Blogger Award"!


Upon acceptance of this award, I must tell six things about myself that you don't know. Having done this, I am to pass this award on to six other gorgeous bloggers! So.. Here goes...

1. I hate peppers, onions, and cabbage; but I LOVE peas, spinach, lima beans, and sauerkraut! Weird, huh?!.. I can just see your faces now!


2. I have traveled by motorcycle, car, boat, and by plane, but I have never been on a train yet.

3. My favorite computer games are Scrabble, Solitaire, and Yahtzee! In fact, I love Yahtzee so much, I carry this hand-held electronic game in my purse AT ALL TIMES! I have had it for years, and love it when I get stuck in waiting rooms, or in the car for some reason or other. Mine is actually starting to show some wear and tear. I may have to ask Santa for a new one!

4. As a little girl, the first thing I remember wanting to do "when I grow up" was to have my own dolly hospital. There was a real "doll hospital" where I lived, and I remember my grandmother "admitting" her dolls there, for some special attention and repairs. I remember how beautiful they looked, and I guess this is where I found my inspiration!.. I also remember wanting to run my very own library, and how all the books there would be written by ME!

5. I can't sleep unless I hear the t.v. on.. What's funny though, is that unlike most people, I can drink 20 cups of coffee, and I can still fall asleep as soon as my head hits that pillow!.. Well, as long as the t.v. is on!!

6. My favorite Trick Or Treat candies are Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Baby Ruth bars, and Snickers!


Oh!.. and Junior Mints, and Raisinettes, and Hershey chocolate bars, and.. Oh, alright.. I guess I can stop there!

So, there you have it. Now I pass this award on to the following...


As I conclude my post for the day, I want to remind my friends and followers that tomorrow, Wednesday, is the last day to vote for your favorite pet, in the Pet Costume Contest over at Doris' blog, Crocheting In Georgia. When asked, "Ubu, if you had one wish, what would that wish be for?" Well, my heart just swells with pride, as my little Ubu replies, "Why, of course, I wish for world peace"!.. Isn't that just wonderful?!


Oh, alright.. Just kidding!.. But if you haven't voted yet, please DO click on our picture of Ubu, on my right side bar. You'll be brought directly to the voting poll, where I hope you'll vote for Ubu, our little Frankenpooch, Contestant #10!! Winners will be announced on the 29th through the 31st, and I hear there's going to be a new Trick Or Treat Giveaway too!! So don't miss out! Head on over!

I want to thank Gracie and Sally for the awards they have shared with me! In a time that has been so busy, pretty much all work and no play, and when I post so little that I'm afraid you all will forget about me, you, and all my blogging friends let me know otherwise! Thank you so much!

25 comments:

Suburban Hooker said...

You deserve many awards my dear!
I like this kind of award, where we find things out about each other. Thanks for playing along when you're so busy!! I hope this move goes smoothly for you, wish I were there to help!

Fairy Footprints said...

Tina this is a great award for Isabel, she will love it. She's gettin ready for school, and then when she gets home she said she will stop over and pick it up :0) God bless you sweet for thinking of her she loves the bloggging world, and I have found so much comfort and peace within each of the prayers I received. THank you again and good luck on the moving I pray it will all go well for you. Take care.

Blessings,
Heidi

Shana said...

I voted for Ubu! I hope things get more smooth for you and don't worry I am not that organized either. I used to be but I don't know what happened...lol.

Doris Sturm said...

I know, Tina. I meant to tell you about UBU's lead being threatend. I don't want him to miss his chance of receiving "World Piece" (ahem, I mean the award!) ;-)
You are too funny! I love your blog and I love the honor of being nominated for an award. I'd really like to accept it, only I'm not sure I can pass it on to another 5 blogs because we pretty much know the same bloggers ;-)....also, some blogs I visit say: "Award Free Blog" - does that mean they don't want an award? I wonder why?
Is it to them like getting those mass forwarded e-mails that say you have to tell a thousand friends within 5 minutes or your butt will fall off? Those kinds? Because I don't do those kinds, no matter what!
Thanks for keeping your sense of humor, even whilst being udderly (pun intended) busy in mooooooving (love that cow picture)...I have been posting and asking people to vote and will continue until the day is over...what a close race! I can't take it!

Love ya,
(hugs)
Doris
Be careful!

CC said...

Hi sweet Tina..
Thank you so much for the award. I think if anyone deserves the sweetest blogger out there award, it would be you. I have already voted for Ubu and I so hope he wins...
And more than anything, I hope your packing,moving and unpacking will start to go smoother and smoother till all falls into place..and lets you get some much needed time for yourself and some rest. Little Suri,Oscar and myself send up good wishes and prayers for you..
Thank you again for this sweet award..it makes me so proud to reveive it..

MiniMadWoman said...

Tina, I love your post today! It was so much fun! I love those moving cows! Hilarious!

I hope your move will go smoothly and don't worry about being too organized . . . as long as everything makes it in one piece you're good as golden. The great organization comes at the other end . . . in your new home!

I love Yahtzee too! I really have to pull that game out and make Brian play with me! LOL!!

Thank you so much for thinking of me and passing along that lovely award! I'm off to do errands this afternoon, but I will post about it tonight! You're so kind and I appreciate it!

Have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Teresa

Susie Jefferson said...

Thanks so much for your message of sympathy, it was very much appreciated. I haven't been able to face replying till today. Bless you!

Big hugs, Susie
(and congratulations on the very well deserved awards)

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Ubu would just be a wonderful winner, spreading peace and joy one slobbery kiss at a time.

Hang in there, you will be snug in your new place in no time. But I know it's hard.

Faith said...

Hello my friend....a new beginning, a new place...exciting....all will be well...enjoy
the new coming your way....good to hear from you....I know you have been super busy with moving...I'm leaving the light on for you...stop in anytime...

Faith

Keri said...

I've been thinking about you, many times each day, in fact! My in-laws are moving from fairly rural Oklahoma to bustling city-life in Dallas, Texas. My MIL wants to be close to her daughter who lives there with 4 very active children. Anyway, for the past 1 1/2 months, she, too, has been packing and getting rid of things 24/7. It's been so hectic for her because my FIL is not one to lift a finger to help her. Everytime I hear from her, I'm also reminded of you, up there in the great Northeast, packing and getting ready for your move. I know you're busy as a bee, but I still miss visiting your blog every day. Can't wait for you to get settled into your new home and routine.
Lots of hugs! Keri

Jeanne Selep said...

Good luck with moving. In a months time, your blog will reveal that the move is in the past, and you will have other things to blog about, but for now it is central and looming.

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Congratulations on winning your awards! Your doggie is adorable! Have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

J Swan Hopkins said...

Hi Tina, can I borrow your cows? TOO CUTE! I need them for our mult-faceted mooove. You know where I am mentally, all think about is getting stuff done in anticipation of or in preparation for the upcoming MOVE. 'sigh.

Talk to you soon!

Michaeljacksonlover1 said...

Hi Tina,
Do I have to pass this blogger award to 5 people if I do can you please comment on my blog and tell me if I have to?Thank you and have a great day!

Your Friend,
The Thriller is gone

emptynester3 said...

Thanks so much for mentioning my blog- I am new to the award deals, but thanks so much! Dawn (Just Call Me Nana)

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

Loved learning more about you and congratulations on UBU's winning the costume contest! Yay! xxoo

Claudia said...

Hi Tina,

I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were coping with a sudden move. I know how hard that is. Bless you for your spirit which keeps you positive and hopeful. Have you found a place?

Claudia

GWENDOLYN said...

Stopping over from Marigold Manor... good luck with your move.
Blessings!
Gwen

Renee' said...

I received this award as passed from you to Teresa at Marigold Manor. I'm tickled as it's my first and only one so far.

Fun facts about you. I agree on the candy choices. ;)

Very best of luck with your move AND your doggie contest!

Leann said...

Hey Tina

Thanks for the award. Keep on chugging along my friend!

Leann

Lisa said...

Hope moving goes well. Nice awards congrats! Happy Halloween!
Hugs, Lisa

Micki said...

Congrats on the awards and good luck on your move. I know it can be so stressful!
Micki

Doris Sturm said...

Tina, where are you? I miss you? I hope you're alright and didn't fall into the boxes....T, call home ;-)

Be safe and God bless you,
Doris

p.s. Did you get your sheep potholder that I sent you for being the winner?

SOS - Tina, calling Tina!

Gracie said...

Hey Tina
I am so sorry Iam late in commenting.Thank you for letting us get to know you better.I love all those chocolate too...
Gracie

Doris Sturm said...

Where are you? I'm worried about you, Tina...are you ok? Is Ubu ok? Why have you not written?