Sunday, September 6, 2009

Have you met Miss Starlett?

Tomorrow is the big day!.. The Gone With The Wind Blogland Ball will be hosted by Nikki, at The Scarlett Rose Garden, and celebrated by many! I hope that you will stop by to visit Nikki, myself, and the others who are participating in this event.

If you are a Gone With The Wind fan like I am, I thought it would be fun to show these next two videos today, to share some laughs on this holiday weekend, and to get us in to mood for the festivities tomorrow!

This comical parody was performed on The Carol Burnett Show. Here is Part One, where Carol plays Miss Starlett... (Caution, you may need to adjust your volume)



Funny right? Doesn't Vickie Lawrence play "Sissie" pretty well?! Harvey Korman, rest his soul, was wonderful too.. And I've always LOVED Tim Conway! Do you recognize who's playing Melody? If you liked Part One, then here is Part Two! Enjoy, and Thanks for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Keri said...

LOVED the Carol Burnett Show! My Mom and I would try to never miss it. I actually remember the above skits. Makes me feel really old. Harvey Korman and Tim Conway were probably two of the funniest characters ever! Thanks for the happy memories. Keri

Jean Tuthill said...

Thanks for visiting me and your sweet comments about my roosters. I'm still trying to get around to everyone that left a comment. I love those skits and remember them well. Have a great holiday weekend!

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Hee! I'm so glad you posted these, they're such a hoot. I have this episode on DVD. Hmm, maybe I'll watch it tomorrow, LOL!

hpabate said...

I love the Carolle Burnett show its wonderful, did you know that when she would act she would tug on her ear in all the shows she would act in, and that would be her sign to say she loved her mother; who was watching at home?

I wanted to let ya know I finally got around to naming the winners of the Humane award and wanted to say thank you again I am honored. Take care sweety.

Blessings,
Heidi

Bearly Sane said...

That was fun!
Hugsm
Sandi - Fantasy & Fancy

Tammy said...

Hello there~~☺

I'm visiting from Heidie's blog.

I l♥ve Carol Burnett and always have! I've had the best laugh this week after watching both of these videos. Thanks so much for sharing them!

Summer Gypsy said...

What a fantastic post!!! The cake looks so..oo...yummy!!! Thanks for visiting today. This party is great!
Blessings,
Marilyn

Fifi Flowers said...

I'm probably one of the one people who did not like Gone with the Wind... but LOVE CArol Burnett's version!

xinex said...

You've got quite a "Gone with the Wind" collection, very nice!...Christine

Rhondi said...

You really area big fan aren't you? I love that Carol Burnett routine. Makes me laugh every time I see it.
Thanks for the reminder to fly the flag tomorrow.

Jane (Frugal Fine Living) said...

What a fun post! I love your Gone with the Wind collection.

Jane