Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I bet we're going to see a LOT of fireworks like these, as we blog-hop from post to post, this fine Pink Saturday! I'm hoping to see some REAL ones tonight! We've had so much rain this past week, that we're just crossing our fingers for some dry weather to DO so! Fireworks shows NEVER get rescheduled, at least not that I know of!.. so this is it! I'm really excited about going with the kids tonight!

It's been a VERY busy week! I have had a good many projects going at once, but feel good at how it's all getting done and coming together! Still I couldn't miss posting for Pink Saturday! Let me first start off by offering you some pink cookies I made. I found the recipe from Charlotte, at Someplace In Thyme, under her January 17th post! What a delicious recipe this is, and I made red,white, and blue ones too, which you can see in my previous Friday post! They were easy to whip up, and they are so yummy, they are flying off the cooling racks faster than I can find my cookie jars and Tupperware containers! I thought my old sugar cookie recipe was the best, but we can just kick that one to the curb! We like THIS one better!.. So, thanks again Charlotte! You can bet that if we're seeing the fireworks tonight, these "truly scrumptious" little goodies will be coming with us!

Oh! I also thought that I'd show my little mini dolls finally got their arms! I did find that the quality of the fabric made ALL the difference when making them, and I do thank the other pink participants who wrote me with suggestions! I really did appreciate that! Anyway, they now have little ribbons and flowers to embellish their dresses and hats, and I am still working on more, because I have already given away the ones I made! I LOVE Pink, and forgive me for saying so, but so far, I think my favorite is the little blue one!

I want to thank Beverly for hosting Pink Saturday each week! Please do stop at her blog, How Sweet The Sound, to find the listing of all the other pink participants! Be sure to visit as many as you can, to see all the pretty pinks they have to share!

Happy 4th of July, Everybody! Enjoy your weekend!

24 comments:

Yarnjeannie said...

Wishing you a safe and happy fourth! Your cookies look fantastic! Thank you for posting the source of the recipe!

fairiemoon said...

Happy Fourth of July and Pink Saturday rolled into one!
Erin :)

http://www.fairiemoon.typepad.com/

LV said...

Thank you for a mouth watering post. The cookies look delicious. Wish we could have shared one when you visited my post. Have a great weekend.

debbie said...

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY AND HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY,
Those cookies look so very yummy and your little mini girls turned out adorable...you are talented
Angel hugs
Today starts my 100th blog giveaway
Angel hugs
debbie

stefanie said...

those cookies would never make it to a cooke jar!! happy pink and 4th

Pam said...

I wish I had one of those pink cookies right now...mmm! They are so pretty in pink.

Susie Jefferson said...

Love the fireworks, love those cookies... and I'm so relieved you sorted your dolls out. I know they looked "armless" (harmless0 but they must have been pretty cross to be left so long without all their "bits".

Happy Pink Saturday, and Happy Independence Day as well (I hadn't realised....) Celebrations all round!

Lynn said...

ARMS!!!
They got their ARMS!!
So cute!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

I could be patriotic and eat one of those pretty cookies. Have a happy Pink Saturday and a Happy Independence Day as well.

heartnsoulcooking said...

My grandchildren love to frost cookies, these are beautiful.
Thanks for share, Geri

Deanna said...

Thank you for the cookie..I hope I didn't make a pig out of myself! Have a great day!!

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday
Deanna :D

someplace in thyme said...

I am so happy that the recipe was a success. You just never know about those things. If you like bar cookies and blue berries, please try the recipe for those as well. THANKYOU so much for the mention. I am honored and humbled by that. You are too kind. I am happy to see that the babies got their arms and they look great, so cute and tiny. You just have to love em. Happy Pink Saturday and Happy 4th of July, enjoy the fireworks, Char

Kdottie Designs said...

It has rained here all day :( Your cookies look yummy and the dolls so cute! Happy PS and 4th of July.

Sares said...

The cookies look super YUMMY! I hope you had a wonderful 4th and have a Happy Pink week all week long!

mythoughtsmyvoice said...

Those cookies are huge! And no doubt very yummy :-) And the dolls . . . awwwww adorable collection. Just adorable.

Happy Weekend!

Smilingsal said...

Your mini dolls turned out so cute with their new arms.

Jorgelina said...

Hi!!
Your cookies look fantastic!
Happy Pink Saturday!!!
Hugs

Mary said...

Your cookies look delicious. Thank you for sharing your pinks with us. Have a wonderful day.

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

Happy Pink 4th of July Saturday! Your cookies look so yummy! The dolls are adorable!

I hope you and your loved ones had a fun and safe 4th of July!

Tina

kayellen said...

Happy 4th and PS to you too!!

Headed to jump into the pool:)

Thank you for sweet comment:)

Smiles,
kayellen

Julia said...

H.P.S.,,to you and a happy 4th....love your pink cookies, pass one through here to have with my cuppa...mmmm..xx

peppermint said...

Mmm! those cookies look good and your dolls are so cute! Hope your weekend and 4th was great from beginning to end. Happy Belated Pink Saturday!

Shana said...

Just wanted to hop in and say Hi!!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Happy Pink wayyyyy belated Saturday. I was tickled you stopped by my blog only to find out there was no Pink Saturday but a Mad Tea Party. So glad you stayed for tea and caterpillar cake. ( I do apologize for having no Pink Saturday. We got hit by lightning and until yesterday, I had no phones or computer for a week...ugh!) But do stop by this Saturday. I will be doing my belated 4th of July Pink Saturday. xo Lynn