Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Something To Remember You By"

Recently, I was over to City Girl Em's at Blithe And Blonde, and she had this clever meme on her blog. It looked like fun to me, and seemed to be the perfect way to remember the legendary Judy Garland on this day, her birthday!

Choose one band, or one musical artist.
Using song titles from this one band/artist ONLY, cleverly answer these questions:

1. Are you male/female? I'm a "Pretty Girl Milking Her Cow" (Ha! Ha!.. on a pretty little farm in my pretty little dreams!)

2. Describe yourself: "How Lovely To Be Me"

3. How do you feel about yourself? "Can Do, Will Do"

4. Describe an ex-boyfriend/ex-girlfriend: "The Peanut Vendor"(said with a VERY BIG smirk!)

5. Describe your current boyfriend/girlfriend situation: "Call Me Up Some Rainy Afternoon".. But remember, "I'm Nobody's Baby"!!

6. Describe your current location: "God's Country"

7. Describe where you want to be: "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

8. Your best friend(s) is/are: "Mean To Me" (Ha! Just kidding!)

9. Your favorite color is: "The Birth of the Blues" (I didn't see any PINK songs by Judy!.. but I love ALL colors, so that's o.k.!)

10. You know that: "When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles With You)"

11. What's the weather like? "I've Got the Sun In The Morning"

12. If your life was a television show, what would it be called? "The Joint Is Really Jumpin' Down In Carnegie Hall" (some days more than others!)

13. What is life to you? "It's A Great Day For The Irish"

14. What is the best advice I have to give? "Get Happy"

15. If you could change your name, what would you change it to? "Liza (All The Clouds'll Roll Away)"

So, what's playing on my DVD player tonight?.. "We're Off To See The Wizard"!.. We're going to watch "The Wizard Of Oz" of course! "Strike Up the Band"! I'm going to set up the snacks and beverages for the kids and me! Maybe I'll pick up some Dunkin Munchkins for the occasion? Sounds good! "How about you?".. "Wish You Were Here"!.. "Why? Just Because!"..

Did you think this was fun? Why don't you try it too?!

Now, "Chin Up, Cheerio, and Carry On!"

2 comments:

blitheandblonde.com said...

Hey Beansleleigh! This was great! I'd never have thought of using Judy Garland-heck, I never even thought of her as a recording artist...just an actress. Great job! Happy movie night!
I watched an old movie the other night with her in it...it's called "The Clock" have you ever seen it? It's a love story about her and a GI she meets in Penn Station. They spend two or three days together and decide to get married before he gets shipped out again. you might like it if you never saw it before. It's simple, but sweet.

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Em! I have never heard of that one, but I will keep it in mind! It sounds like a good one! Thanks for stopping by!