Monday, June 22, 2009

Six Done, Six to Go

I wanted to do a quick post tonight, to show my sixth square, called Summer Romance, for my Calendar 'Ghan. April has been the hostess and designer for this crochet-along at Dishcloth Diaries. As I began this square, I could hardly BELIEVE this meant I am nearly half-way done!.. Half-way through the YEAR now? Is this POSSIBLE? Well, I guess it MUST be! The patterns for these squares are just beautiful, and April does a fabulous job writing these patterns. I still am tempted to start a second set of squares, so to make two of these afghans at the same time. I like the idea of having the two done ahead for Christmas gifts, which would then bring my count for afghans-in-progress up to FOUR! That's a little scary, but I still just might do it!

Well, I wanted to do some baking today, but that didn't happen. It is just too hot and muggy to be running the oven for the length of time I know it will take. I always do double batches! Nope!.. For the moment, having finished my June square, I'm putting the crochet hook down, at least for the evening. No, I haven't lost my head, and I'm not running a temperature! I just have my nose in a good book tonight! I'm about 2/3rds of the way through the book Twilight now, by Stephenie Meyer, and it's just getting too GOOD to put down now! I want to see the movie that has been out on DVD, but I refuse to watch it until I finish the book first! Of course, I need to get started on the second book, New Moon, before that movie comes out in November! I also hear that Edward and Bella collector dolls will be out this Fall, so you KNOW how excited I must be about THIS!

In the meantime, is anybody eagerly awaiting Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the movie, like I am? Based on the series of books by J.K. Rowling, this one will be in theatres on July 15th! I've already read ALL of the books in this series, and the the kids and I, ALL want to see it as soon as we can!

11 comments:

LillySue said...

OO~OO~Ooo, We CAN'T wait for the next Harry Potter movie to be released. We went to the midnight opening at the last one and dressed up. I was Mrs. Weazley, Holly was Tonks and Jesse was Harry. We had so much fun!!
I am going to try and get my "Super Comments" award post up tonight or Wed. I am so swamped. Hubby is leaving on a business trip tomorrow and I always get way more done when he is gone.
Blessings~LillySue

Lynn said...

I bought Twilight to read but haven't started it yet.
I read the first Harry Potter to my third graders. They loved it. I was just Wha?
Am I going to like Twilight. My granddaughter LOOOOOVEESSS those books!

Lynn said...

Oh, I forgot...
Your squares are lovely. What a feeling of accomplishment! Well, half way is an accomplishment!

Beansieleigh said...

To LillySue.. We went to a Midnight HP Party at a bookstore one time, and it was a blast! All the employees, and MANY customers came in costume. There was a ton of games, displays, hands-on activities and crafts for the kids, and many give-aways and goodies to bring home! I'd love to go to another one like it, if I hear of one! As the time gets closer, though, I'll still be in the spirit though!.. I'll be making things, and wearing the colors... maybe I'll even have a giveaway of some kind for the occasion.. That would be fun!.. I'll have to think some more on that! (0; Thanks for stopping by!

Beansieleigh said...

To Lynn.. Well, Harry Potter may not be everybody's cup of tea.. and while I think Twilight is steered toward perhaps a younger reader than myself???.. I STILL LOVE it!.. Now my daughter keeps telling me I need to read the Shopaholic books. I'm a big LUCY/I LOVE LUCY fan, and she compares the humor to be similar? She thinks I'll love them, so I keep meaning to get around to reading at least the first book of THAT series! All the while, I'm still curious to read the book "Eat, Love and Pray". Have you read that one?.. or any other visitors here read that one yet? SHAYNA??.. HOW 'BOUT YOU?

Shana said...

Beansie- I have not read that book but I really need to. Heehee I NEED to read any book I haven't read! LOL! No seriously though maybe that can be a book club book, like we were discussing before. I am still thinking about that idea and I think we can do it and maybe we both should be partners in this. I want to research a little more on bookclubs and how to ask the right questions and should we do like 3 chapters a week and then have a certain day we have questions on the book or what. Just kind of brainstorming here. let me know what you think. I could possibly make a pic for a button but don't know how to do the html for one. This could be our own little meme Blazin'BeansieBookclubDay. I don't know. Throw some ideas at me if you want. By the way I love the koolaid jammer bags and stuff and really need one of those cell phone cases. Just working on my purse for the swap at cville but am planning to make one.

Beansieleigh said...

To Shana.. I will think some more on that too. I will email/comment to you sometime soon. It sounds like fun to me!

Keri said...

First, your squares are beautimus!! I can't wait to see the finished product. And, yes, my daughters and I love Harry Potter and we're looking forward to the new movie. Lately, however, everything is over-shadowed with EDWARD, EDWARD, EDWARD!!! My 10-year-old has nothing else on her mind these days! We went to Wal-Mart at midnight for the Twilight DVD release. It reminded me of some of my teenage crushes. :) I was talked into reading the "Twilight" series and was pleasantly surprised. The 1st and 4th books were the best, and I'm excited about the upcoming movies. P.S. Don't put your crochet hook down for very long!!

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Keri! Thanks!.. I haven't heard about any grand events as of yet for Twilight or Harry Potter, but I'm going to have to look into it a little better! If I can't find anything, I just may have to HOST something MYSELF here in Blogland at least!! What do you think?! (0;

maidenshade said...

Hi Tina - I love Harry Potter, enjoyed the Twilight series and the one by the Casts (untamed, chosen, marked, betrayed) but then I am the one with "her feet firmly planted in mid-air".

I am just so amazed at you and your industriousness. Wow! Your afgans will be gorgeous, but 4 at once? Impressive.

I've been very busy with my eye, which is better now, my fabric art, I have 2 wall hangings done now, and custom lampshades, also just finished the 2nd one. In addition to that I have 3 website stores I'm keeping up - and I've been posting 10 items a day to Etsy and eBay. So that means not much time for blogging.

But although I've been away, you're not forgotten!

Fondly, Jennifer
MaidenShade.wordpress.com

Beansieleigh said...

Jennifer, Just glad to hear your eye is better now, and that you're getting back into the swing of things again!.. As for the afghans, I pick one up now and then, work on this one then that one.. and I guess we'll just see in time when ANY of them get done! (0; I'd like TWO to at least be done by Christmas! Thanks for stopping by!