Monday, May 11, 2009

How I Spent My Mother's Day!

Here it is a "Monday Monday", and the beginning of a new week. I hope everyone had a very Happy Mother's Day! I had a wonderful day with my kids!

Soon after just finishing the 8-Pocket Tote Bag, I had mentioned to someone the idea of matching shoes. Well if they can't be found in a store, "Fine.. I'll just MAKE them!" Here are a simple pair of flip-flops I made Saturday evening, to match my tote, and just in time for the beautiful weather! I most often crochet these without a pattern, but I know the Lion Brand website has several of them HERE that you might like. I stock up on flip flops at the end of the summer season, when they are marked down to summer-clearance prices.. so they're inexpensive, quick and easy to make several pairs for yourself or for gifts. I have even heard of someone whipping a batch of these up for birthday party favors! What a great idea!

So, anyways, here it is a "Monday Monday", and the beginning of a new week; but let's ignore reality for just a bit longer, if we can, as I share how we spent Mother's Day this year! Displayed next to my new footwear, you can SEE my kids know what I like! Here's a book dear daughter picked up for me, for some fun summer reading!.. Both kids made me homemade Mother's Day cards, and after church, breakfast, a nice visit with my sister, etc., the kids and I enjoyed some weekend festivities at the park! It was very windy, but the sun was shining, the flowers were blooming, I was here with my kids, and that was good enough for me! There was nowhere else I'd rather be, and nothing else I'd rather be doing!.. Here you see me wearing my new tote bag, of course! I DID get a couple of nice compliments on it during the day! Unfortunately, it was just too cold today to wear my new matching flip flops.. Oh well.. Another day!

We strolled through the park for quite a while, many other mothers and their families enjoying the day there too, cameras snapping and flashing everywhere! As we were about ready to head back home for dinner, we walked around the pond, just before leaving. I insisted on feeding the ducks first, if any were to be found! I LOVE to feed the ducks! Sure enough, we found some, and sure enough, I had some crackers in ONE of the pockets of my tote! I was hoping I wouldn't be caught and fined for this, but the ducks didn't seem too worried! They didn't waste any time cleaning up the evidence!

I had such a great day with my kids! They are truly the greatest love and joy my heart has EVER known, and I am still smiling ear to ear just thinking about this day together! Once again, I thank God for all my blessings!

14 comments:

Pam said...

GET OUT! Those flip-flops are too cute! I've definitely got to make a pair or two or three!

Glad you had a nice Mother's Day with your kiddos. All those pink flowers in the background of your picture are so pretty and made a great picture. It cracks me up that y'all are in coats and sweaters and we are sweating down here!

Pam

Beansieleigh said...

Oh yes! Isn't it wonderful? We're still supposed to go down to near freezing temps tonight! I want to set plants out, but am still to afraid to do it! Jack Frost seems a little reluctant to be leaving us for the year, kicking and screaming "Heck no, I won't go!" So we get summer temps one day, and frost on the windshield the next!! It's not easy picking something out to wear in the morning!

Ghost said...

Sounds like a great day and such pretty flip flops. I can't wear them but use to wear them all the time.

Beansieleigh said...

I love them, but only for around the house or walks around the block... family visits.. or whatever, if by car. But if I try to walk any longer than 15 or 20 minutes in them??.. FORGET IT!! I am one sorry, hurtin' little Beansie!! (0;

Sally said...

Oh now, your feet will get used to them. I live in them all summer long. I have a gazillion pairs as I acquire them much the same way that you do.

Yours are perfect...everyone needs soft, pink flip flops!!!

Sounds like you had a perfect day yesterday, and it looks like you're a very lucky momma. I'm very happy for you!

Beansieleigh said...

Ooooh, a gazillion! I KNOW I don't have THAT many, but gosh, I am curious enough to go count them now! LOL! Not that numbers mean anything, necessarily, but I may be missing some colors, and that would be tragic, wouldn't it?! (0; A girl has to keep on top of these things!! Thanks for stopping by Sally! I'm still hoping that your brother is feeling better.. and that you had a nice weekend!

Lynn said...

Hi there!
Your family is adorable and I love your matching flippy floppies! You ARE on top of things, Girl! Thanks for sharing your day!

Beansieleigh said...

Thanks Lynn! It wasn't anything majorly eventful, but again, sometimes the smallest simplest things are the BEST things!! It was just a day at the park, but I LOVED it!.. Well that and I forgot to mention we did stop for ice cream on the way home! That definitely helped to make it even more perfect! (0;

Leann said...

So glad that you had a wonderful day! Your children are lovely.

Thanks for stopping by and posting the sweet comments. You asked about getting my cactus to bloom? I don't do anything special, just have them outside in the summer and in a sunny window the rest of the year. The usually bloom 2x year. Good luck with yours!

Leann

City.Girl.Em said...

Aww...what a perfect day you had. You look happy and snappy with your new tote and your kids are adorable. Your daughter looks like Bristol Palin, to me. I'm so happy you had such a great day.

Show us those flip flops on your feet asap!

Em

Faith said...

Nice pictures of you and your kids....pretty flowers all those shades of pink....I got my yarn for the tote bag...I'm in....got it all balled up today and ready to start....you and Pam making another one?

Beansieleigh said...

To Leann.. Hi! I'll keep trying!! Thanks for stopping by!

To Em.. I'll put them on as soon as this weather warms up here! Too cold for me still! Thanks for stopping by!

To Faith.. Pam has started hers, but I am still deciding colors, so we'll both just play catch up with Pam! I think I have at least a main color in mind, so maybe I'll start mine tonight!!.. Sound good?

maidenshade said...

Hi and hope all is fabulous with you, great post xJ

Beansieleigh said...

Hey J (maidenshade).. All is great! I was so happy to get my nightlight in the mail yesterday! It is the sweetest little thing, and a beautiful work of art for all to see in my home! Thank you again, and thanks for stopping by!