Saturday, April 18, 2009

Look Who Came to My House!


Previously, I posted about the Annie Doll I just made for Aunt Pitty Pat's Sugar and Spice Annie Swap, to send to my swap partner Jenni H. Well, she told me to watch the mail, because she was sending a doll she made back this way, to my house! Oh, I was very busy today, cooking a big batch of chili, then cleaning house; but I didn't forget to watch for that mailman! Finally, I spotted the package on my front porch! She was here! I dropped EVERYTHING I was doing, of course! I opened her up, with all the excitement of a child on Christmas morning, and she was absolutely DARLING!! I LOVE her! Just look at this cute little face on her! I love the bow in her hair, and the little heart button at the neckline of her dress! Here she is, along with the very pretty stationery goodies that Jenni sent with her! Jenni, you did a BEAUTIFUL job on this doll, and I thank you! I promise you I'll love her always, and I will take very good care of her!

Now I think I've already mentioned that I was making a second Annie doll, the same as I had made the one for Jenni. I just couldn't resist. I had to make TWO! So, you see, as this turns out, the Annie that I made and the Annie that Jenni made seem to be getting along splendidly! Why, I'd say it wasn't long at all before they were sitting together, having tea and cookies, and chatting like "BFF"s! Now, I like that.. because that is what these swaps are all about, yes? You meet new people, make new friends, and share your artistic interests and talents! I really loved participating in this swap, and I hear there might be a second one soon?! I'm heading right over to Aunt Pitty Pat's, to sign up again! Count me in! In the meantime, I hope my visitors here will do the same!!.. THEN, head over to see Jenni's blogs! See "My World of Whimsy" first, then hop over to her "Thrifty Is Nifty" blog. She has made an awsome Treasure Chest birthday cake; and then she's got a post there about homemade dishwasher detergent! I will definitely be trying that out!

5 comments:

Beverooni said...

Definitely BFFs. How cute are they together. Love them both.

Jenni said...

I love that they were having a little tea part! What a perfect pair. Jenni

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Bev and Jenni!! I'm so glad they're friends; and I'm thinking there may be more raggedy friends coming to this tea party! Aunt Pitty Pat's might be hosting a SECOND dolly swap. If she does, then I'm making more dolls! Bev, do you sew? You should join in! This doll is easy to make, but is so much fun too! Jenni, you signing up a second time?? Thank you BOTH for visiting!!

Aunt Pitty Pat's Fun said...

What adorable little Annies ;)
Don't forget to post her in our flickr group ;)
M

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Marcel! I posted mine already, but if you want me to post the dolly friends at Flicker, I can do that. I think I'll check with Jenni first though. Thanks for stopping by! Can't wait to to start my next doll!! (0: