Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Four Done, Eight to Go




I just finished working on the March and April granny squares for my Calendar 'Ghan! I am really liking the colors I've chosen, as I go along; even though I still don't have a definite image or plan for how it will look when it's all done yet!

Because I am Irish, I just knew that my "Lion's Mane" should be made in greens!.. And why not? Haven't you ever seen a green lion before? I did have a little trouble with the tension/gauge on this square, though, finding it was too small when I was done; so I added an extra round. For my April "Spring Fling" square, I just used a larger hook. I thought purples would be pretty! I kept it to only two shades though. I think purples can be so hard to match/coordinate in just the way I want them to sometimes, and I'm getting very discouraged with the minimal selection I have to choose from at the stores anymore.

Well, four squares now done for this "ghan", and only eight more to go!
I have a good many 7" granny squares that are starting to accumulate. I am beginning to think I should start pulling those together for another afghan! Hmm.. which would mean I'd now be working on THREE different afghans at the same time? I have never been THAT ambitious before, but I may just try that anyway. Each afghan can be stored in a separate tote bag, and I can just grab which ever one I feel like working on, whenever I feel like working on it! That sounds o.k. to me, and I think I can handle that!

Well, it looks like Spring is here to stay! It has been absolutely beautiful out! I am already carting my favorite books and crochet projects out with me, along with a hot cup of coffee, onto my little front porch in the evenings; usually after dinner and a walk around the block with the kids and our dog. It's one of my favorite times of day! Hmm.. I think the only thing that could make this evening any more perfect would be the sound of the Ice Cream truck making his way towards our house!

4 comments:

Beverooni said...

I love your squares. They are really pretty. Can't wait to see it all put together.

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Bev! Thank you! I'm so glad I joined in on this crochet along! There certainly is no pressure doing only one square a month; and unless, when the time comes, I find I just CANNOT part with it, I'll have a (hopefully) very nice little Christmas gift ready to go by December!

Ghost said...

What a great blog! I am going to join in on the Cal Ghan too I think. I just need to clear a few things off my plate. I love your color choices too.

Beansieleigh said...

To Ghost... Well Hello! I have been enjoying your blog for quite some time now! I'm so happy you liked your visit here too! Thanks for stopping by! (0: