Monday, March 9, 2009

Somebody Pinch Me!... (for good measure!)

Well, I started my morning typically, and immediately, with a cup of coffee in my hand. I took it to my computer, where I then checked my email. Next, I most always go right to Annie's Free Pattern of the Day, and The Daily Crocheter, to see what are the newest and latest in new patterns and ideas in crochet!! Well, this morning, I remember my computer not coming up/loading up anything on the Daily Crocheter's page... I didn't really know why, and I remember thinking maybe it's too early, or my old computer just isn't working right now, and "Oh well, I'll try back again later to see what's on there." Sidetracked by the rest of the day's events, someone emailed me later to tell me I'd better take a look again, and I couldn't believe my eyes! MY pattern, for the measuring spoons bookmark, was the featured pattern for today, at The Daily Crocheter!! I am shocked; but I am also very grateful that they would feature my pattern! I feel flattered and very proud! It is always exciting, and a great deal of fun to hear from people who like it, and want to make one too! I've been a little "under the weather" lately, but this is just wonderful, and the timing couldn't have possibly been better! The weather here today was cold, yucky, messy, and depressing, but ya know?.. I hardly noticed, because despite that, it STILL definitely turned out to be a MUCH nicer day than I ever expected! I needed that!

6 comments:

Faith said...

Annies Attic is on one of the first things to do in the am on my puter to, after a cup of coffee of course...let's get our priorities straght eh? How wonderful that you cute little measuring spoon bookmarks were featured...took a look myself...what a nice surprise for you...nice job......

Faith

Beansieleigh said...

Thanks, Faith! It was just quite a neat little surprise by about the late afternoon sometime! A girl from ATCT emailed me to tell me, so I'm VERY grateful to her for letting me know, or I might never have even SEEN it at ALL, myself!

Oh, and by the way, I LOVED your little Amish Doll today!!... and all the goodies you just picked up in Amish country!! By the sounds of things, it sounds as if a bunch of us girls should plan a bus trip someday, huh?!!!

Faith said...

That trip would be a hoot.....do you have a bread maker? I use my bread maker for mixing up the dough only, on the dough cycle...for the garlic rolls I use a regular bread recipe
or french bread, and just add the fresh garlic chop;ed up coarsly to the mixture. You don't "knead" a bread maker ha-ha...I will get a recipe and send it on over....
Faith

Beansieleigh said...

Yes I DO have a bread maker! In fact my son has been asking me to make some raisin bread sometime soon... So I've been thinking Irish Soda bread soon, but not by bread machine.. Anyways, YES! I would LOVE your recipe, if you can send one!! Thank you, so much!!

Pam said...

I almost always check Annie's Attic for the free pattern-of-the-day, but I must have missed it that day! I'm sorry I missed it. Do you have the pattern somewhere to share? I've never crocheted a bookmark. This can be my first one...And I'll link you with the picture when I'm done. ;)

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Pam!! It is listed under my Feb. 16th post. It works up real quick... One of those instant gratification projects!! I like that it uses up scrap yarn too though. I'd LOVE to see it when it's done!!