Monday, March 30, 2009

Oh So Blue


So ends a relationship between owner and vehicle, on this dark and dreary day. It's been nice, and we've had fun; but things were just getting too difficult. Things that couldn't be fixed. It's time to go our separate ways, but always remember, I'm so glad we had this time together...

I'm so glad we had this time together,
Just to have a laugh or sing a song.
Seems we just got started and before you know it,
Comes the time we have to say, 'So long'.

There's a time you put aside for dreamin',
And a time for things you have to do.
The time I love the best is in the evening-
I can spend a moment here with you.

When the time comes when I'm feelin' lonely,
And I'm feelin' ohooooo- so blue,
I just sit back and think of you only,
And the happiness still comes through.

That's why I'm glad we had this time together,
'Cause it makes me feel like I belong.
Seems we just got started and before you know it,
Comes the time we have to say, 'So long'.


(Carol's Theme)

Well, we just have to move on, don't we? Today I will pick up my crochet hooks, yarns, and plarns, and I will continue work on my afghan and various Easter projects. Time is flying, and there is no time for sweet sorrow these days!

6 comments:

Beverooni said...

Love you Ode to Retired Vehicle. Very clever. We have a 1990 Mazda with 271,000 miles on it and it's still running -- but one of these days we will be singing this same lament. It's a great commuter car for hubby.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love finding new ones and yours is awesome!

Beansieleigh said...

Hey, better to stay smiling, than sitting around crying right?!.. But now that you mention it, I had a Mazda once! I do remember very well, it was running beautifully, but the body was falling apart. It wouldn't pass inspection because of it, repairs-n-costs were outrageous, and we had to DRIVE it to the junkyard, then say our "good byes" there! Oh well... Thanks for stopping by! (0;

Henya said...

What a touching poem. it is very hard to say "Goodbye". But maybe there is a "Hello" in the near future.

Beansieleigh said...

Henya, A new "hello" is how I'm trying to see it. I really loved that van, but I'm going to keep my chin up as best as I can about it! Thanks for stopping by! (0;

Sally said...

All good things must come to an end. What a nice way to say goodbye to an old friend. My cars are like my pets, but for some reason are always so much more expensive. I like your farewell, I'm sure Carol would approve too!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Beansieleigh said...

Hey Sally... We'll think about that Mad Hatter Event!.. Maybe next Easter! Maybe even for Halloween? Witches'Hats?.. "for the little witch in all of us"?? LOL! I LOVE Hats, and bags, and think it might be fun!! Thanks for stopping by too! (0;