Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cookies Anyone?



Today was fairly productive. I got up early. I worked. I picked up some groceries. I had already started a nice chicken dinner for the family in the crockpot. Next, I thought I'd make some peanut butter cookies. The kids jumped in, some, to help make them with me! They are getting older, so I am just tickled pink to see that they still WANT to help me bake once in a while... But even if they don't, I get a kick just seeing that familiar excited look in their eyes to taste the cookie dough, or to lick the beaters, just like they did when they were little!! Well, before I start crying all over my keyboard... Our cookie jar is now full... at least for the moment! Homemade cookies don't last long around here!

Once I cleaned up my kitchen, I then decided to kick back and work on this hat that I saw on Sally's blog, Her pattern is called the"Fuzzy Hat". I LOVED it as soon as I SAW it; and I've been WANTING to make a new hat, for some time, to go with a new jacket I got earlier this season! I already had the yarns in the colors I needed, but I did need to make a run specifically for a skein of Lion Brand's Fun Fur .

I have never had ANY desire WHATSOEVER to work with fun fur before. Oh, I've seen it all over the internet, and in countless projects and patterns, that I admit I even thought were absolutely adorable!! But for whatever reasons, I have just never even CARED to try it. Well, it took "The Fuzzy Hat" to get my head out of the sand, I guess! I actually found it very easy to work with, and I was surprised at how much FUN I was having, crocheting with it!! As I got going with my project, working with the two, then three strands of yarn at a time, it was funny to me that the combination of my yarns looked just like the colors of chocolate chip cookies!! I guess subconsciously, my brain and/or appetite was still in the kitchen !

Thanks to Sally for persuading me to FINALLY try my hand with Fun Fur, and for sharing her very stylish design! I am very happy with how it came out! Now... What can I do, or where can I go tomorrow, so that I can wear my new hat?!

4 comments:

Faith said...

Nice Fuzzy hat...tell us more about the intriguing...Barbie Doll statue..she reminds me of my old Barbie doll I wish I still had...she caught my eye...

Faith

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Faith! I have two ceramic pieces of this design, actually. They are both marked as produced by "Napco", so I looked it up online and an interesting article/website describing Head Vases can be found here...

http://users.todaylink.com/american/htdocs/articles/article2.html

Honestly, I don't remember where I picked these up, but I just remember similar ones at my grandmother's house and an aunt's house. While I was probably just at some garage/church/estate sale, picking up these pretty, and memory-provoking pieces just seemed like the thing to do!! Now having read up on them a little more, I think I should be sure to hang onto them, and take good care of them!.. You are right, though. They DO remind you of Barbie, don't they?!!

Faith said...

Too Funny....I couldn't figure out what you were talking about....what's a head vase I said to myself? When I looked over at your sight, I saw the tag...I didn't realize this was a vase...she is very pretty and lady like.....so elegant a time.....when ladies were ladies, lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve the pearl necklace....I love pearls..I will give a look at the sight..If I had seen one of these at a garage sale, I would buy it...

Sally said...

Your Fuzzy Hat is gorgeous!!!
You did a great job on it!!
So did you find someplace wonderful to wear your new hat??
Thanks for the "hook up"!!!

About Wicked.......yes I read it but I didn't like it nearly as much as many others did. I found it very confusing at first but kept with it and finally one day it began to click. I think the second half of it is much better than the first?