1) Have I learned more from success or failure?... Answer) Off the cuff, I'd probably say by failure, because I have learned some tough lessons the hard way, and I have faced some harsh realities despite the kinder world I wish we lived in. But I try not to dwell on failures and disappointments... And honestly, I'm not so sure now how to answer this. I think my greatest success in life was having my children, and I could never dream to do or have anything better!
My kids are my greatest blessings, and they have taught me a greater love than I have ever known all my life. I think that has to far-outweigh any lessons I've learned from any failures all put together!
2) What did you call your grandparents when you were growing up?.... Answer) I called my father's parent's Grandma and Grandpa, and my mother's parents Nana and Grampy.
3) I'm invited to a luau. In keeping with that theme, what dish would I bring to share?... Answer) Pretty quickly, I imagine I'd be bringing a pinapple-coconut-flavored cake of some sort, decorated with brightly-colored flowers, and a hula dancer dolly setting atop of it!.. Of course, I couldn't forget beverages.. Maybe a big pitcher of Mai Tai?!
5) "Don't sweat the small stuff." Agree or disagree?.... Answer) I agree. It's like choosing your battles. I think you have to face the big issues at hand, but you should shake off the trivial stuff that really doesn't matter... And most importantly, above all, count your blessings!
6) June is National Rivers Month. a) When were you last on a river? b) What's the prettiest river you've ever seen? c) What's a river you'd like to see?... Answers) a) I think the last time I was on a river, was when I was on a business party river tour of the Hudson River... b) I remember riding in the boat with my family down the Banana River in Florida. I thought the weather and screnery were both very nice, but my favorite part of the whole day was when a dolphin came right up to where I was sitting on the boat, so close, as if to say "hello"!.. I loved that, and will never forget it!... c) A river I'd like to see would probably be the Nile River, in Egypt, where Cleopatra once ruled, and surely traveled often, by way of the river.
8) Insert your own random thought here:
From a popular children's poem, written by Eugene Field...
"Wynken, Blynken, and Nod one night
Sailed off in a wooden shoe.
Sailed on a river of chrystal light,
Into a sea of dew."
Thanks to Joyce for hosting this event,
and thank YOU for stopping by today!